1992 GMC Suburban

98dango

Expedition Leader
This old girl just keeps trucking along. We have taken it camping snowshoeing and hauled every rig I own to our new house. She has done it with no complaints and no requests.

I have winched the old girl more times than I wish to admit. The lack of a positive engagement in the 4wd system has left me in 2wd more than I like.

My wife and I took a good friend to our local camp spot and in doing so we learned that a .45 casing will engage the 4wd system if need be. So that puts me back to the jeep it low solid axle swap.

arktrekker

Adventurer
After replacing the actuator on the front axle, I started having issues with the switch on the side of the transfer case not seeing that I had pulled the handle into 4hi or 4lo.
Quick trip to a pull-a-part junk yard with a set of wire cutters netted me an xtra plug that plugs into the actuator. I plugged that one into the actuator and ran wiring to a switch at the dash with a 20 amp inline fuse. Problem solved and has never let me down.

That being said, I have a ford high pinion 8 lug dana 44 laying here that I have been toying with throwing under the rig using the kit from sky manufacturing.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Ya I keep looking at this 78 dana 60 high pinion in my shop and the cost of a 4" lift for a 8 lug ifs Chevy. Cost wise it's a toss up truth be told I can swap it over for way les money than buying a lift. This also fixes the no 4x problem and my ground clearance and lack of serviceable bearings.

arktrekker

Adventurer
If you already have an axle that will work, then you can definitely beat the price of an ifs lift. With money left for other upgrades

98dango

Expedition Leader
Hear are some more pictures

577d613c43919cad0066bd164cfd9a09.jpg

42c1c1869a50d8debf4adfed33bd7db3.jpg

9f3cd282062f541a1702c74f1076fb5e.jpg

55f1266997097c4122c8234fa04d077b.jpg

This was from our second trip with the GmCburban

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Looks like you get around:Wow1: Dango. Both snow wheeling pics and gravel stuff. How long was your trip?:)

98dango

Expedition Leader
The gravel and snow are all with in 30 miles of my house on the same road

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

jdog1

nice man! ive got a 92 GMC Sierra and I absolutely love the look of our trucks. do you have any plans to modify your truck at all?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94