Defender 110 double cab with Isuzu turbo diesel build up...

The Rover Shop

Explorer
In response to the automatic shifter housing..

That was the tricky part...I took a perfectly good manual tunnel cover and sliced the top of it off and riveted/epoxied a nice sturdy flat mounting plate to the top of it and proceeded to mount the shifter housing where I thought it felt best from the drivers seat without interfering with leg room. The real trick was figuring out how it could easily be serviced in future as the bottom of the housing is larger than the top but it need to mount in from under the top... I settled on making the hole larger than the shifter housing and then a plate slides in under the mounting housing and secures it all, works real good and makes easy removal instLlation.. after all this is done an additional upper console will be made that holds cup holders etc, maybe some power window switches and seat heater switches as well..:)
IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

The Rover Shop

Explorer
i wanted the safety features of not being able to start the vehicle unless in park or neutral I ran the neutral safety switch through the starter relay wiring system, now the start relay can only be energized when the neutral safety switch is grounded through park or neutral..Took a while to figure out the best way but it now works perfectly. I also wanted the safety and anti-theft feature of not being able to move the shifter out of park unless ignition on and foot on brake, there is a park position microswitch in the shifter housing, I grounded the shift solenoid through this switch so that the solenoid is only energized when in park, I ran a wire from the brake light circuit to the other side of the microswitch which now energizes the solenoid only when in park and the brake pedal pressed..I measured the amperage draw othesolnoi and it is approx. 0.8 of an amp, microswitch should be definitely able to handle the momentary application of that..I think I'll be seeing wiring schematics in my sleep for a while...:)

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg

IMG_3389.jpg

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Also wanted to run a hand throttle as I have found them to be useful...and you guessed it...I had one laying around..:) so I made another bracket off the pitch p housing and the inside throttle fits perfectly in place and works excellent..:)

IMG_3371.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3376.jpg

IMG_3375.jpg

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Played around with a later model disco 2 rear view mirror and figured out the wiring on it...this truck now has an auto-dimming mirror with a compass and homelink...:)

IMG_3473.jpg

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Finally got behind the rear seating section buttoned up, this is 1/8" aluminum sheet with a 1" air gap between inner and outer walls all heavily strengthened and double dynamatted..super sturdy and quiet..

View attachment 416438

View attachment 416439

When the rear seats are in their normal positions it does block the speakers somewhat but it still has a better sound than almost every defender I've ever been in...:)

View attachment 416440

Shortly I will be dynamatting the whole rear wall and floor area and then carpeting the whole lot...of course AFTER I road test it and make sure it's completely waterproof..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94