2014 Tacoma uhf/vhf antenna mouunt

jim532

I want to mount a Diamond dual band for my 2014 Tacoma. After doing a little research It seems my best option would be a fender mount that fits between the hood and fender.
I have yet to find one of these mounts specifically for the Tacoma that will work with a NMO or UHF type connector.
Can someone point me in the right direction?

Frdmskr

Adventurer
Actually the best is drilling the hole on the roof. If that is truly not an option (i.e. I now live in the land of parking garages) look at Larson Antennas. They have an NMO mount that you can put on the hood which should nicely fit in the gap between the hood and quarter panel which supports an nmo. Others that have this include MFJ, Diamond and Comet. FWIW don't fall into the gain game trap. A Larson NMO270B will do far better and last far longer than Comet or Diamond antennas. ( this is based on lots of exp.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jim532

too many parking garages in my daily driving for me to be able to drill a hole in the roof. I already have the Diamond antenna that was using on my jeep before I sold it. I've actually been using this antenna since 2002. When it comes time to replace it, I will take a look at the Larson.

A lip mount that goes on the hood is going to put the antenna right in the middle of a offroad/aux light that will be mounted. That's why I'm looking for a fender mount it will move the antenna away from the light and light bracket.

jwhutch

Observer
Actually the best is drilling the hole on the roof. If that is truly not an option (i.e. I now live in the land of parking garages) look at Larson Antennas. They have an NMO mount that you can put on the hood which should nicely fit in the gap between the hood and quarter panel which supports an nmo. Others that have this include MFJ, Diamond and Comet. FWIW don't fall into the gain game trap. A Larson NMO270B will do far better and last far longer than Comet or Diamond antennas. ( this is based on lots of exp.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is how i mount my antenna on my Dodge Ram and my Jeep. Works well.

BettysNephew

I am using a set of these brackets on my 4Runner and they are very sturdy. They are made from 1/4" steel and are powder coated not the usual sheet metal stamping. You remove the hood bracket bolts and use the supplied bolts to assemble. If you want to use conventional NMO mount, you will have to drill the hole out to 3/4", but I found 3/8" MNO mounts to work just fine on my truck. Several manufacturers make the 3/8" mounts.

http://www.cbioffroadfab.com/products/2nd-gen-toyota-tacoma-products/t2-ditch-light-brackets/

Just reread your post regarding light mount, these may not work for you but check them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne