Anyone have any experience with Patriot Campers out of Australia

Wyuna

Observer
I have a trailer being delivered from Australia and it is 8k to the west coast. One thing in our favor is the strong dollar. Today it was .77 us. It was at .69 a couple months ago. When you see the price listed it is typically in AUS dollars for AUS citizens. Here is how the moth works (I used this price to make the math easy.) $100,000 - 22% (the VAT tax AUS citizens pay) = $78,000. After the currency conversion $78,000 x .77 = $60,000. Makes the unaffordable, affordable.

If you are going to make the math simple.

For a start here in Australia, we don't have VAT (that is the UK), we have GST and the GST rate is 10%

You might want to redo you calculation's

Wyuna

Observer
Hey Tazman,

You will be happy with the Kimberly, they make a great product.

they are made down the road, as are the Patriot.

99 West trailers out in Tualatin OR posted on FB that they just made Patriot a Toy hauler to carry their demo trailers .So I guess they're here :)

Run4URlife

I ordered an X1 GT...

Hey guys, for those who haven't heard back from Patriot Campers, Justin, Sarah, Mick and a few of the crew where in Moab at the Easter Jeep Safari and Expo for a few days, followed by a well-deserved 2 week vacation in the area. They should be heading back to AUS about now and will soon be gearing up to head back to the states for the Overland Expo West in AZ.

I had seen the Patriot Campers on YouTube while researching camper/overland trailers about a year ago when it wasn't available in the states. I went down to Moab for the Jeep Safari, visited Patriot Campers at their first U.S. EXPO and purchased an X1 Grand Tourer in graphite to compliment my magnetic gray 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium. I must say, it was expensive but the quality is multiples above anything produced in the U.S. so far. The thoughtfulness and logic of the arrangement of every element, the ergonomics, the attention to detail, the sheet metal engineering and the completeness of the unit for its proportional size is beyond impressive.

My X1 is due to the port of Long Beach this September. I'll have to share my experience and review post pick-up. For anyone in the SF Bay Area, where I live, I'd be happy to show you.

I spoke with Justin about a group buy here and he's willing to knock $1000 of each unit for a GB of 8 or more X1s. If anyone is interested, throw your vote here in this thread and if we get close, I'll start an official GB thread.

Run4URlife

The X1 Grand Tourer carries a U.S. list price of $38,990.00 plus your local sales tax. They are willing to work with you based on where taxes are lower between location of sale, pick up location or your city/state. I also added the Lithium battery upgrade option. Here are the options...
PatriotCampersUSAApril2017.jpgPCApril2017details.jpg

Run4URlife

Hey guys, just FYI, Patriot Campers is at the Overland Expo West 2017 in Flagstaff, Arizona. I'm not sure if they'll offer any deals there but keep in mind, they'll offer $1000 off per unit for a group buy of 8 or more on the X1 GT here.

Capercrew02

Observer
I spent HOURS pouring over their trailers at expo west. Very impressive trailer. As people have said before, the fit, finish, innovation, and functionality of these trailers is beyond anything I've seen before. The attention to detail and usefulness of each part just blew me away. Now I'm saving my pennies to try and afford one some day. They had another 7-8 purchases placed at expo, and over 28 serious price quotes and build sheets filled out. I'd say they are gonna knock it out of the park in the us market.

Papadave418

The X1 Grand Tourer carries a U.S. list price of $38,990.00 plus your local sales tax. They are willing to work with you based on where taxes are lower between location of sale, pick up location or your city/state. I also added the Lithium battery upgrade option. Here are the options...
View attachment 398525View attachment 398526
Hey guys, just FYI, Patriot Campers is at the Overland Expo West 2017 in Flagstaff, Arizona. I'm not sure if they'll offer any deals there but keep in mind, they'll offer $1000 off per unit for a group buy of 8 or more on the X1 GT here.

What’s your review of the trailer after some trips

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles