Anyone have any experience with Patriot Campers out of Australia

indiedog

Adventurer
No direct experience except for going over them at the Caravan and Camping Show locally. Very well built and purpose built camper. They recently won Camper Trailer of The Year for the 3rd year in a row. All components are quality. There's a few design features I don't overly like but nothing drastic. Like most things here they are not cheap but they are selling heaps of them.

ZGKiwi

They sure look amazing.
So much more turnkey complete than anything I've seen in the US.
The integration, fit and finish seems to surpass anything available here and if I though it feasible (cost and logistics) i might even look at importing one

RussellM

They seem like a pretty good thing. Fairly expensive though, at over $AU 40K.

Quite a different layout to the majority of camper trailers on the market in Australia.

[video]https://youtu.be/GbXzmSzVacs[/video]

SamM

Adventurer
Wow, I have admit that is very cool. My camping is a lot simpler than all that. I could not possibly find any reason to justify the cost of something like the X1 or a comparable foldout unit. If I was in the middle of the Outback for weeks at a time, that might be something to have. Thankfully, that is not the case. My kids are grown and the wife and I do not require that much space. My trailer build is based on a Schutt Military trailer frame. It will be nothing like that. I like simple systems and not many of them. I will not be carrying bottled gas for heating and cooking. Also, I believe that a small inexpensive 120V or maybe 12V refrigerator would also save me a great deal of coin. A big part of my build will be solar. Priorities will be a nice bed to sleep in and someplace to get out of the weather. We do not need much more. The wife would like an inside shower and potty and I'm designing that. I think it's doable even in my limited space. My mom and her husband have a 40 foot 5th wheel trailer that was 75k new. It is like the Taj Mahal of campers. It's like staying in a hotel. Nothing like camping. Of course, they live in it half the year. I want light and simple. All those systems require maintenance at sometime.

These trailers are awesome, if you have the means and the need!

SamM

Uncle Beer

Observer
I've emailed them twice directly through their website and have gotten no response. I'd like to at least talk to them as both the wife and I are very interested in one of these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Greatest_Dane

Observer
means and the need!
SamM, I am not sure it's a "need". I haven't contacted them but I would assume It would be about the cost of transporting a car and I would expect that to be around 4-5k from the west coast. Unfortunately, I presume the American market is an afterthought for them.

Tazman

Adventurer
I have a trailer being delivered from Australia and it is 8k to the west coast. One thing in our favor is the strong dollar. Today it was .77 us. It was at .69 a couple months ago. When you see the price listed it is typically in AUS dollars for AUS citizens. Here is how the moth works (I used this price to make the math easy.) $100,000 - 22% (the VAT tax AUS citizens pay) = $78,000. After the currency conversion $78,000 x .77 = $60,000. Makes the unaffordable, affordable.

ZGKiwi

Tazman you're getting a Patriot or something else??

Curious what, if any, changes you're having made to it for North America. Things like the changing the BMS to work on 110v (believe the standard Redarc is 220v only) for example.
And how long did it take to organize and get here?

Tazman

Adventurer
It's a Kimberley S3 and I should have it mid June. Kimberly has shipped a few units to the US and took care of all the details. I'll let you know how it goes. Search Kimberly here and you will learn more.

SamM

Adventurer
I saw a video of the owners of Patriot Campers at SEMA. Not sure if it was this year or last year.

SamM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne