Abenteuer & Allrad 2016

66north

FWIW 2 days max is all you'll need. I've been a few times and am happy with a single day at the show these days.
As has been said, the campsite is definitely worth a look although the packed camping area is an acquired taste and my idea of camping hell!
I normally fly into Frankfurt (closest large airport) and hire a car and stay in a hotel in Bad Kissengen. The drive is approx 2 hrs to Bad Kissengen from Frankfurt with Autobahn all the way. There is no parking at the event site so an endless convoy of free shuttle buses run back and forth from town to the event with typically German efficiency!
Bad Kissengen is a pretty spa town and definitely worth a look. Lots of cafes, bars and restaurants and beautiful ornamental gardens in the centre of town.
It's possibly the best show of its kind in the world and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a visit to Allrad to anyone. You won't be disappointed!

BCobe

Adventurer
Does anyone know if you can purchase tickets at the event or do you need to buy them before you go?

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Going up hopefully Sat and Sun. Will not try to camp anywhere near, hear it is crowded.

jeepgc

Adventurer
+1 for pics please.

A friend and I were going to go last minute, but life intervened and we can't make this now.

Looks like it'll be next year.

Have a great time!

k.keppi

Now in Frankfurt trying to rent car for thursday but it looks like there will be some public holiday and all shops and some car rental places are closed ? Will thursday be too busy day in show area?

Kgh

Let’s go already!
In Belgium for work, driving home after a meeting tomorrow. Then Sat AM will head up.

Unless I can convince wife to go straight to Bad K tomorrow.. She is travelling with me and wants to be home!

Kgh

Let’s go already!
There are more cool rigs in the parking lot than I have ever seen in one place.

Inside is incredible. Pics to come.

KarstenP

Van of Mayhem
It was way more crowded on the campsite than I've ever seen before :Wow1:
They even camped in the middle of the woods. As usually, it rained and getting off the campground got interesting :snorkel: I only made it with the help of a few guys pushing my van (2WD, AT tires, rear LSD).

The expo itself is getting more and more high-$$$ heavy weight truck stuff and the spirit of the years before is getting less and less. I know the expo from day 1 and have been a vendor at the expo, but nowadays I would just stay at the campground and meet people there. I only go up the mountain to see some friends who are vendors there ( www.blacksheep-innovations.com ).

BCobe

Adventurer
I still need to post my pics and sorry I missed you Kgh. I will admit that it does seem that the "scene" is pretty pricey.
I have long contemplated an off road bumper and found one that I really liked at the event. The downside is that it was 1K euro
for the bumper alone! None the less, I am extremely happy that I was able to attend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles