Isuzu Troopers - the "Wolfpack"

stevo-mt

20160317_150700.jpg
20160317_150723.jpg
20160317_150734.jpg

I managed to finish the prototype. I had to rip a piece of 1 1/2" square tubing to get the material to make an H beam with the L-Track. Then there are about 10 bolts that clamp the channel aluminum with the L-track to form a laminate beam for all intents and purposes. The bars come on and off fairly decent. The difficulty of this project would be to replicate it using the same parts on a different vehicle and getting the same results. So I'm going to do a little engineering on this and see if I can't get a little more universal design going on. Overall though I think I could pick a trooper up with this setup from the roof. My dad suggested that I try that when I build the second setup and just bolt it onto the parts trooper and lift it with the back hoe. Should be an exciting thing to try with 12 - 6mm bolts in the roof holding everything up!

The first 100 miles of gravel have held up for the hi-lift jack mount and light mount with no issues. I've put 700 miles with the setup on it so far and everything is looking pretty good.

stevo-mt

Haven't tried lifting it yet. I need to make a second set of adapting brackets. I had ordered all of the material but it did not make it before I went back up to Canada. So of course I don't have a mill up here and that will put that off for a bit. I'm guessing it will lift it, totally unnecessary but it might be fun. When I was younger I tried building a lifting strap out of duct tape just to see what it could do. Two pieces stuck together picked the front end of a Volkswagen rabbit off of the ground using the engine hoist in a slow controlled lift. Of course that was before cell phone cameras and all that junk.

I'll still get to do some perfecting on the design here. My goal was to have everything 100% squared away on the design and build the second set of adapter brackets from the drawings. Fun project and it should haul a canoe on the top just fine.

Red1

HERO
That's awesome .

I'm adding that to ours too ~ or getting a couple of trunks . . .

contemporary-decorative-trunks.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles