Roaming Rally 2016

deadly99

Explorer
Gravel Travel Canada is proud to announce we will be hosting the Roaming Rally for the 6th consecutive year.

INFO

The 3 day navigational rally is specifically designed for overland style bikes and trucks.

Hope to see you there!

Cheers
Ted

Yukondoit

Its difficult to discern where this rally taking place. Not until the end of the info page does it even mention a region.

Ontario apparently (which seems obvious now I look at deadly99's location however...).

deadly99

Explorer
Its difficult to discern where this rally taking place. Not until the end of the info page does it even mention a region.

Ontario apparently (which seems obvious now I look at deadly99's location however...).

The rally takes place in Eastern Ontario (Ottawa area).

Some cool trucks signed up like a 1984 Bombardier Iltis, a Unimog and some Defenders. Jeeps, Landcruisers, etc as well. 55+ motorcycles.

We intend to keep registration open for another few weeks at which point we need to stop taking entries as we need to order swag, decals, etc and confirm with the places we'll be staying our numbers.

Hope to see some of you in May

Ted

deadly99

Explorer
75+ bikes registered and a bunch of trucks...looks like a full house again thin year. A real mix of trucks, Landrover Defenders, Jeeps, Mid Size trucks, a Fuso, a Unimog, sone Toyotas, etc. A Bombardier Itino is registered....I'm curious to see it.

If anyone else is on the fence, we're close to closing the registration for this year.

Some cool trails and scenic roads in the Canadian backcountry, sitting around a campfire in the evening with a hundred like minded folks....should be a fun few days

deadly99

Explorer
Well we have reached our capacity of trucks and bikes. Aside from a few folks who have contacted us already, registration is now closed.

We're looking forward to meeting everyone and having some fun on the trails and around the campfire.

We'll be sure to update this thread with some photos after the rally is completed.

Cya in May
Ted

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
Were out.... :(

Clients work-load has me working 14 hour days 3rd and 4th weeks of May.

If anyone wants our slot please PM me

deadly99

Explorer
120 Bikes and 25 trucks registered. Email will be sent this week with gps files and other important information.

Some fun double track roads....

11.jpg

The pucker factor as you begin this water crossing is justified....

12.jpg

Then just as you think it must be almost over it turns into this....

13.jpg

Cya soon
Ted

deadly99

Explorer
GPS files and an information document have been sent to everyone who registered. 9 days until kick off, 27 trucks and a 115 bikes will head into the backcountry of Eastern Ontario for 3 days of exploring.

Safe travels, cya next week

deadly99

Explorer
Hope everyone had a great weekend. A few photos I took, hopefully other folks will post some of theirs....

It was great to meet a bunch of new people and spend some time on the trails/roads and around the campfires.

Cya next year

Ted

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG