VMI Offroad Trailer Registry... and support group.

IM1RU

Observer
After the suggestion being made on multiple occasions, I thought it time to start a VMI trailer specific thread.

Please post up if you own one (and a link or photo's), want one, or are in the build que for one.

Mike, Corey, and AJ are great guys who take great pride in what they do.:bowdown: There are very few companies around who build such unique and specialized trailers, and I think we need to support them and get the word out.

So here it goes:

"Hi, my name is Rob, and I am a VMI trailer owner".... now you say..."Hi Rob":wavey:

Here is a link to my trailer.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/146090-IM1RU-s-VMI-Trailer

See that was easy, now its your turn.:ylsmoke:

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Hello Rob, I'm Ozarker and a recovering trailer owner...... Welcome to the group!

I must admit, I'm only at step three and I'm having trouble quitting, that trailer might just do it for me too!

Thanks for posting it up and I'm all about support! :)

IM1RU

Observer
I know there are at least 4 more of you on this forum, and possibly many, many more. Don't be shy. Post up some photo's of your VMI.

franklantern

Craig Lathem
Great idea!! I have placed a deposit for a Canyon and am now in that long dark period where I review my Canyon options every other day and live vicariously through you owners that already have yours. Nice to see this thread get some traction. Would be a good source of information for potential buyers and provide some reading material for those of us in VMI purgatory.

Here is a shot of my Canyonless campsite New Years day in Death Valley. Waiting for the water to boil and the sun to break over the mountains. It was dang cold out there. ( Propane heater option...CHECK)

NewYearsDeathValleyDay3 by Craig Lathem, on Flickr

chop480

Observer
After a lot of research I'm leaning towards a VMI build. I'll have to sell my 4WC Grandby and save for a few months but I'm really liking their products and your rigs. Just have to be patient.

franklantern

Craig Lathem
Back from my trip to VMI. Met Mike and had a tour of the shop. There are some great projects in the works. Not sure Mike wants those listed or not so I will leave it at that. I wanted to take some pics but out of respect opted not to. My first time in Bellingham. Kind of out of the way but a beautiful area and awesome town. I'm still a ways down on the list but it was good to get up there and meet the guys. Now I'll be spending the next few months building cardboard replica's in my living room to make sure I have everything sorted :) 68 or 80 width...the internal debate rages!

Terex

Adventurer
... 68 or 80 width...the internal debate rages!

We've found that it's the length that's important. We have two feet beyond the foot of the bed and we could really use 4'. We didn't want a lot of room inside, but with just two feet, there's not enough room for two people to move around.

franklantern

Craig Lathem
Terex, with an 80 inch width, the bed would be width wise as opposed to length wise so there would be more free space.

IM1RU

Observer
My personal issue with the 80" width would be fitting on the trail. I've already had mine in places that it would be a problem. That said, you know where you'll take yours, and whether or not the width would be an issue.

Sounds like it's going to be a sweet trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz