Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gen 3 BG EPR Flush/Rotella T6 Oil Change WOW! Thoughts? Experience?

?
    M1 HM is 1000ppm
    M1 5W30 is ~800ppm (SN compliant)

Sure, some of their M1 Racing oils are well above 1600ppm, but these are not street oils and not relevant for comparison.

I'm a BIOG member as well...
    '93 Defender 110
    '06 Mitsubishi Montero Limited
    '01 Tahoe

mine developed tick tick after big-O oil change 5W-30 non synthetic (I previously ran synthetic but I was being cheap and lazy)
    The ticking was quiet on startup and got really loud once warmed up. I changed the oil again with castrol 10w30 that I usually use and the noise went away almost immediately, I wish I had read this last week I would have tried Bg109 Bg EPR Engine Performance Restoration for sure but it seems like mine was an oil issue.
    2001 & 2003 Limited
    "I should be outside" http://backcountrybiker.com/

Doing my research on this topic and most certainly going to use T6 on my next oil change in my Gen 2.5 but just want to make sure this is the correct oil?

Reason I am asking is on Shells site they offer a Diesel specific and this Multi Vehicle version.

http://rotella.shell.com/products/sh...eavy-duty.html

Thank you in advance!
    1998 Mitsubishi Montero *SR* w/ Winter package & Adjustable suspension
    2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS 4WD (Sold)
    2002 Mitsubishi Montero Limited
    1996 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64t 5spd
    1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 1948/2000
    Owner of: Nostalgic JDM
    Facebook: Nostalgic JDM
    Instagram: nostalgic_jdm407

I've always just used the 5w40 T6 that walmart and advanceozon'reilly carries. I've never seen two different kinds, so i assume i'm using the multi-vehicle.

That said, i use the T6 in the Miatas, and the Triple T 15w40 in the Gen2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGalantguy View Post
    Doing my research on this topic and most certainly going to use T6 on my next oil change in my Gen 2.5 but just want to make sure this is the correct oil?

Reason I am asking is on Shells site they offer a Diesel specific and this Multi Vehicle version.

http://rotella.shell.com/products/sh...eavy-duty.html

Thank you in advance!
    Both T6 versions are ok for gas engines. The newer T6 “multi vehicle” is a 5w30 and it’s what I’m currently running in my 06 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by huntsonora View Post
    Both T6 versions are ok for gas engines. The newer T6 “multi vehicle” is a 5w30 and it’s what I’m currently running in my 06 Tundra
    Same formula but just in a lighter weight?
    1998 Montero with winter/locker package with Old Man Emu springs/torsion bars/shocks, ARB winch bumper, 33x10.50 km2's, aluminum roof rack with ARB awning

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123