IVAN

Navi

Adventurer
Way cool, love the chateaus. "Very regal" as they say.

The adventure begins...

Being a Chateau was just icing on the cake. Most of the ones I was looking at were XLT. In my limited internet searching I haven't found another one with the 2tone seats.

I like the gray on bottom exterior, but I might change it to a tan/gold tinted rhinoliner and powder coated aftermarket bumpers. I think it would match the interior better.
Plus it's similar to how my first truck was during HS :-o
Bzj9l27.jpg

Just a thought.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I had a note 2 and now a note 3 with torque Pro app and a bluetooth dongle, it's been perfect for a very long time. Would you like to see a screenshot of my 7.3 in action?

ert01

Adventurer
Auxiliary fuel port? Is that the extra intake tube on the fuel sender unit or is it something else altogether?

Navi

Adventurer
Auxiliary fuel port? Is that the extra intake tube on the fuel sender unit or is it something else altogether?
I believe it's just an extra port on the tank for "accessories." So I'd already have a place to get fuel if I ever decided to get a espar/webasto type heater.

Navi

Adventurer
Which brings up an idea. It might be impossible. It might be ridiculous.

What about using something like the Espar Hydronic Coolant Heater. Have it tied into the lines going to the rear heater core. Then rewire the rear fan to have another power source, a house battery setup.
Could you do this and kill two birds with one stone? Keep the motor warm and the cab?

Which brings up an idea. It might be impossible. It might be ridiculous.

What about using something like the Espar Hydronic Coolant Heater. Have it tied into the lines going to the rear heater core. Then rewire the rear fan to have another power source, a house battery setup.
Could you do this and kill two birds with one stone? Keep the motor warm and the cab?

it'd be possible but you'd likely need an auxiliary water pump to flow it all if the rear ac/heat system, doesn't have one in it.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter

My '06 v10 gasser has one too. It's just a capped off fuel pickup tube. I have pics.

I recently attached fuel line to it and the pump for a hydronic espar that will be heating my coolant loop. I don't think I'm going to separate the cooling systems front/back though, I would like to heat the whole loop. Might have to test it and see how it performs and down to what temps.
You can put in some valves and isolate/dedicate/divert (to a water heater exchanger, etc.).
I'm not sure how complicated I want to make it besides the fact that the more connections you add the more potential failure points.
Also, I would like to control the rear fan from the rear and/or the dash controls but that isn't a deal breaker.
Need to dig into the electrical manual and see what's possible, also see what the draw is on that rear fan.

mikracer

Adventurer
Nice van! I'm pretty sure I tried to convince my brother in law to buy that same one, but he passed. Chateau's are hard to find!

Navi

Adventurer
My '06 v10 gasser has one too. It's just a capped off fuel pickup tube. I have pics.

I recently attached fuel line to it and the pump for a hydronic espar that will be heating my coolant loop. I don't think I'm going to separate the cooling systems front/back though, I would like to heat the whole loop. Might have to test it and see how it performs and down to what temps.
You can put in some valves and isolate/dedicate/divert (to a water heater exchanger, etc.).
I'm not sure how complicated I want to make it besides the fact that the more connections you add the more potential failure points.
Also, I would like to control the rear fan from the rear and/or the dash controls but that isn't a deal breaker.
Need to dig into the electrical manual and see what's possible, also see what the draw is on that rear fan.
Exactly what I'm thinking. Let me know if you try it and the results!

Nice van! I'm pretty sure I tried to convince my brother in law to buy that same one, but he passed. Chateau's are hard to find!
They came down quite a bit from the advertised price!

ert01

Adventurer
I believe it's just an extra port on the tank for "accessories." So I'd already have a place to get fuel if I ever decided to get a espar/webasto type heater.

Ah ok. I just didn't realize that it was considered optional equipment... I thought it came standard.

Philp100

Observer
Bbasso, is that a picture of an android device hooked to the obd2 port or one of the tuners available?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne