IVAN

Lunchbox2

Explorer
My last project was also a lowrider ford, a little older though.... I have a problem, I like to take older cars and stuff newer drivetrains in them. So of course I spent a ton of money and then lost my *** when it came time to sell it, typical toys.... ugh I guess I didn't learn my lesson though because I turned right around and did it again when I built the Lunchbox!...haha oh well, they're fun

Last edited:

Navi

Adventurer
Nice! Cash wise I'll break even on the supercrew. I basically stole it in the original purchase. A LOT of sweat equity, friends helping out, and family hookups.

Navi

Adventurer
I woke up early last Thursday, picked up my brother, then headed to the rental car company. Rental cars are $$$ for a one way trip, but it was cheaper than flying. Plus we had the option of driving tye rental back if the van ended up being a turd.
Our lovely rental.
KWalGVnh.jpg

Some scenery on the way there.
WmbBYiDh.jpg

I drove the whole way. It ended up being around 16hrs to get there with the few stops. The rental got great mpg.
m3MpcHhh.jpg

We grabbed a motel room. To our surprise there was an event setting up next door. "Rockabilly Reunion" So me and my brother stashed a few beers in our pockets and went to check it out. It was only the setup, but there were a few cars there already and a ton of vendors.

The next morning we headed to the dealer. The van started easily. There is a few minor scratches that could be buffed out. Overall it was in great shape for a 10yr old vehicle.
They drove us to California to sign some paperwork, something about an out lf state sale to save on taxes.

We did some minor sight seeing before we left.
London Bridge
HoUWXrIh.jpg

I'm jealous of everyone being able to drive their utv's on the road, the wide open places to ride and camp, etc.

Then we headed back home.

My fancy dashcam setup. "AutoBoy BlackBox" I recommend it to anyone looking to turn an old phone into a dashcam
*EDIT*

More importantly, TorquePro to monitor some vitals.
2dZwhEBh.jpg

The oil/coolant temp stayed within 10° of each other. Turbo spooled up good. Injectors all buzzed. Everything went pretty smoothly.

Me and my brother took turns driving home. A truckstop pillow aided in some decent sleep. We were gone for almost exactly 48hrs, 2100+ miles.

We averaged 16mpg on the way home. Pretty decent. Most of the miles were on i10 with a 80mph speed limit. It did better when my brother was driving though, I go the speed limit and he tends to drive 5-10mph over.

I've been driving it around some the last few days. I'm extremely happy with the purchase.

Navi

Adventurer
I had the spare laying around from my old work truck. 265/70/17 Cooper ST Maxx. They slightly rubbed occasionally on a stock Chevrolet 2500 4x4. I put it next to the van out of curiosity.
It doesn't quite fit.
9Ke356Ih.jpg

I'd love to go with a 265/75/16 AT tire. It looks like leveling the front would give me enough room. I'd prefer not to use a coil spacer, but it looks like MaxxLift does make one for the van. Can anyone recommend a taller spring to give me an extra 1½" or so? Preferably a similar weight rating so that the ride doesnt get harsher.

Navi

Adventurer
I hooked up to the trailer we keep our car club stuff in to head to our monthly meeting. It looks like I'm ready to go to church camp.
Somehow this evolved into Camp Anawanna, so I did this quick photoshop lol.
T3DpIUJh.jpg

And a reminder to everyone what Camp Anawanna is.
https://youtu.be/s-SE96Q9dDU

Navi

Adventurer

Navi

Adventurer
I've been extremely busy and haven't had time to do anything to the van or post. I do regret not buying a van sooner though, I can't believe how handy they are.
Here's some quick pics from a day trip we made this past weekend.
CFR7YEKh.jpg

FIMlDsW.jpg

WmYYcioh.jpg

Navi

Adventurer
I havent posted in here in a long time. Things change. Life happens. Blah blah.

Instead of throwing money at the van I decided to buy a travel trailer and make memories with the family. Money well spent so far. We get at least a trip a month in the camper.
JdWv222.jpg

Besides that I added a coolant filter. A Mishimoto 6.4 kit had plenty of hose and there bracket lined up with the holes on the water seperator underneath pretty closely.
pyunutv.jpg

Wired in a fan clutch bypass switch to turn the fan on at the bottom of a grade. Extremely easy and makes a world of difference on temps.

Wifey bought me a tuner last week for my birthday. I loaded up the canned street tune and Im babying for now. The power difference is mind blowing. I've been emailing Gearhead back and forth and should have my custom tunes this week.
kkGseK4.jpg

Navi

Adventurer
FYI Gearhead wouldnt write a street tune for the van. I respect that they were truthful with me about it instead of just trying to sell me something he was unsure of. They were real helpful and answered all my questions.

I did get his 8k tow tune. After driving with it some the shifts feel a lot better. It will be a few weeks before I tow anything again though.

I just messaged Innovative about a street tune.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles