"New" Truck yesterday

ttravis5446

Adventurer
Wentz,
The knobs on the lower left are for the cargo light on the outside of the cab and for dimming the dash lights. I'm not sure what the little aftermarket button and LED below the gauge cluster is yet. It doesn't seem to do anything but I'll track it down. I already know I have some electrical stuff to fix, the radio is not hooked up to switched power and there is no power at the cigarette lighter. My last 85 had a different gauge cluster but looking at this picture it still looks like it went to 110 or so on the speedo. It was EFI too but not an SR5 so no tach. I can tell you that neither one of these EFI trucks could ever come close to burying the speed so I'm not sure why the difference from your truck. If you get a chance could you post a pic of your interior? I'm interested what the buckets and center console look like, My trucks all have had bench seats.
IM000702.jpg

Old Truck

P.S.
The Tweety Bird floor mats were the PO's and not mine.

Last edited:

ttravis5446

Adventurer
I swear they weren't mine. Although they were still there when I sold the truck. Just to cheap to buy new floor mats for the thing.

davekb3ejw

stories u tell

ya right..but tweety is cool.along with most of the other looney tunes!!!!!

nice find,good luck with it.

ttravis5446

Adventurer
yeah, even out west most of our beds are rusted out. At least the ones I have looked at. This truck was a southern utah truck until last year. My last one was just as bad and it was a Northern AZ truck until two years before
i bought it. I'm still playing with ideas though.

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Sorry, west of you. CA, NV, S. AZ. That was what I was thinking. We found a rust free bed for my buddies 87 a couple years ago in Socal.

For all the trouble, I'd just do a tray, but I'm suggesting you could find one if you desired to. Plus it would be a reason for a road trip:)

ttravis5446

Adventurer
I probably will just end up making a tray for it. I am really liking the idea of making some sort of little detachable camper for it though. I just have to go through all of the maintenance stuff on it before I get too carried away. I was changing spark plugs on it yesterday morning and the threads in the head came out with the plug on no 1, Nobody in town carries heli-coils so I missed out on a spontaneous wheeling trip in the afternoon. Had to ride shotgun in a durango instead. It'll be nice when I get it all gone through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz