Adam's 2005 4runner Modular Drawer System - Initial Planning & Build thread

AxleIke

Adventurer
Very cool set up. I've debated drawers in my 4runner for a long time.

In the Land Cruisers, the rear seats tumble, meaing that when the backs are down, but not tumbled forward, you can have a nice platform for carrying things with the correct height drawers (works awesome).

However, in the 4runners, with the flip and fold style, with drawers, you lose the ability to carrying long objects on a reasonably flat surface. I suppose with a pickup or a trailer, you can overcome this, but since my 4runner is my only real "haul" vehicle, I haven't found a drawer system that can address that issue. Do you have any plans for an "extending" platform? Something to go over the seats?

slomatt

Adventurer
Very cool set up. I've debated drawers in my 4runner for a long time.

In the Land Cruisers, the rear seats tumble, meaing that when the backs are down, but not tumbled forward, you can have a nice platform for carrying things with the correct height drawers (works awesome).

However, in the 4runners, with the flip and fold style, with drawers, you lose the ability to carrying long objects on a reasonably flat surface. I suppose with a pickup or a trailer, you can overcome this, but since my 4runner is my only real "haul" vehicle, I haven't found a drawer system that can address that issue. Do you have any plans for an "extending" platform? Something to go over the seats?

We designed Adam's system so that it is fairly easy to remove the two center boxes, just a few bolts. On my drawer system I built a platform that extends over the rear seat so I can sleep in the truck.

- Matt

4loco

Any updates on the drawer system? I've been researching a ton to build by 09 4Runner drawers. These look like the exact height I need to carry my dog crate with my cooler next to it!

Any updates on the drawer system? I've been researching a ton to build by 09 4Runner drawers. These look like the exact height I need to carry my dog crate with my cooler next to it!

Its all being prepped now and should be done in the coming weeks. We're thinking of doing a CNC precut kit for the weekend DIY-er, and maybe some blueprint kits with cut instructions for person with some time on their hands.

90% of the way there boys! :wings::sombrero::Wow1::)
zLzH4gm.jpg

EfbukR7.jpg

wjpwriO.jpg

Any Feedback or things the community would like to see improved upon would be much appreciated!

Thanks. What's the reason for two locks on the passenger side bottom drawer.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two locks creates rigidity, but also, I was unable to order that length without two locks!

Will the stove rattle like crazy?

Nope, And I plan to either industrial-velcro it down, or use a couple screws and T-nuts to secure it into place.

Is there room to attach a paper-towel roll to the bottom of that lift-up table (when it's open)? I can see that being useful.
Thats the plan, but only if it doesnt interfere with usability. I want it to have some utility, rather than being in a hard place to reach. I plan to add motion sensing lights to the bottom of the cutting board, so not too sure if I want the papertowels to get in the way.

Redman333

Adventurer
Hmm I think I'd rather have only one lock so that the drawer can be opened with one hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles