Adam's 2005 4runner Modular Drawer System - Initial Planning & Build thread

Redman333

Adventurer

Haha I was literally just looking for this because I have been trying to figure out how to make alu cabs shadow awning work and just realized it's the same company so maybe they have the tilt slides too. You wouldn't happen to know if the tilt mechanism is dampened in anyway do you. Like a gas piston or friction hinge or something. I guess I can ask the guy at ok4wd also if you don't know. He's been helping me figure out the awning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha I was literally just looking for this because I have been trying to figure out how to make alu cabs shadow awning work and just realized it's the same company so maybe they have the tilt slides too. You wouldn't happen to know if the tilt mechanism is dampened in anyway do you. Like a gas piston or friction hinge or something. I guess I can ask the guy at ok4wd also if you don't know. He's been helping me figure out the awning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not dampened. also, I've gotten a little bit of rattle now because of the way the alumimun wheels bounce on the track. currently seeking a solution....

It is not dampened. also, I've gotten a little bit of rattle now because of the way the alumimun wheels bounce on the track. currently seeking a solution....

I found a solution. Used adhesive backed Felt (the soft part of velco), and stuck it to the track at the point where the wheels sit while the fridge is in "transport mode".

This solved the problem. This week I will be creating an exact CAD of my design, and will then be sharing with the community

This way people can build their own or adapt it to their needs. :)

Here it is all closed up.
6jrKB4I.jpg

KRP

Observer
I found a solution. Used adhesive backed Felt (the soft part of velco), and stuck it to the track at the point where the wheels sit while the fridge is in "transport mode".

This solved the problem. This week I will be creating an exact CAD of my design, and will then be sharing with the community

This way people can build their own or adapt it to their needs. :)

Here it is all closed up.
6jrKB4I.jpg

I have commented on your IG feed about how awesome your build is, and thank you very much for putting in the time/effort to make the plans available. Stand-up job.

I have commented on your IG feed about how awesome your build is, and thank you very much for putting in the time/effort to make the plans available. Stand-up job.

Thanks man, super appreciate the support. Over 150 hours of development, I hope I at least make back my labor investment costs.

aleks77

Awesome build, hows the parts list and instructions coming along! Mostly curious where you got your slides and what length etc.

Cheers!

Laptop with the CAD had its motherboard fried. 2 months later I'm just about to get it back, AMEX Extended warranty is a blessing and a curse.

Sorry for the delays everyone!

Here's some pics to make your mouth water in the meantime :)
9JN7W6f.jpg

2I07anX.jpg

ifM0t0P.jpg

jb10

great idea plans and execution. I commented on your ig awhile back and then ran across this today. i do have a question. what does the back of the front of the drawers look like? is it a drawer then have a face attached to it? a pic would be great if you could?
also a couple of pics of the side storage spaces.
i plan on using this as a basis for my storage system in my 3rd gen. getting started this weekend. hope it turns out 1/2 as good as your did!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles