Amertek Rob

Observer
nice work, chugging along nicely. I am working through the electrical this weekend.

Do you happen to have a copy of the CF4000L Manual?

I have the hydraulic and electrical schematics and will get them online soon

No manual, I have also been looking for one, I would love to see that electrical schematic !

Amertek Rob

Observer
Thats a pretty:drool: cool looking rig you got there Rob. I would think that with the engine in the rear it would have great weight distribution and make it ideal for some off road adventures. Has anyone ever wheeled these rigs?:Wow1:

I think it will work well when finished, I can't really do to much suspension work until i get close to an actual completed wieght then I plan to have custom long travel leaf springs made with an air bag over that for leveling and some expensive King shocks to smooth it all out

tahoejmfc

I managed to find someone with the all of the manuals after some googling and 2 phone calls.
Amertek binder 1_2_3_4.jpg
Amertek binder 5_6.jpg
Amertek binder 7_8.jpg

I think we will only need some parts of # 1, 2, 3 and 4, the others should be already available.

Amertek Rob

Observer
I managed to find someone with the all of the manuals after some googling and 2 phone calls.
View attachment 332056
View attachment 332057
View attachment 332058

I think we will only need some parts of # 1, 2, 3 and 4, the others should be already available.

thats great! I have been collecting the shop manuals for all the big components i'm keeping ( Detroit Diesel, Allison Automatic, Rockwell front,Eaton rear and Rockwell transfer case) These are availible, its the wierd Amertek only stuff you and I need. Mostly at this point I just need wiring schematics and wire numbers. I dont have much Amertek left on mine

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I think it will work well when finished, I can't really do to much suspension work until i get close to an actual completed wieght then I plan to have custom long travel leaf springs made with an air bag over that for leveling and some expensive King shocks to smooth it all out

Now that is a set up I would like to see Rob! I love the idea of having a cab over design. Great view! The springs you mount would be cool too but I would drop the idea of air bags. They always let you down:Wow1: in the bush. Keep us posted with pics. Love the rig. Cheers, Chilli..:drool:

Amertek Rob

Observer
Chilli, I love air ride, my work trucks have air ride cab and air ride suspension and go hundreds of thousands of miles without fail and i build all sorts of air ride stuff for normal use, air ride is good as long as you apply it properly, IMG_0881 - Copy.jpgIMG_0240 (1).jpg this was my kids daily driver to high school

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I agree Rob, on the street they are fine but I have seen so many air bags puncture when they are off road. Even if it is seldom it still happens. I also feel that the ride is too spongy, but that is just my personal taste. The leafs on my rides have a military wrap meening that the second leaf goes aroung the main leaf shackel point so that you can snaå a main leaf and still get home. Good insurance off road...:)

Amertek Rob

Observer
weekend update

started on my motorcycle/bicycle/spare tire carrier (lift gate) got this 4400lb capacity gate for free from one of my good customers, it was a huge deck so after checking it out I cut about 30" off, I'll try to fab some brackets this week, oh yes! the temporary battery tray/mount is excactly in the way so I'll work on that also.

My assistant Ryan spent the weekend sanding and polishing, Can't wait to get it looking like an old war birdIMG_0916.jpgIMG_0919.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0915.jpg
    IMG_0915.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 18

Amertek Rob

Observer
I agree Rob, on the street they are fine but I have seen so many air bags puncture when they are off road. Even if it is seldom it still happens. I also feel that the ride is too spongy, but that is just my personal taste. The leafs on my rides have a military wrap meening that the second leaf goes aroung the main leaf shackel point so that you can snaå a main leaf and still get home. Good insurance off road...:)

I like the "military wrap" idea, I have seen it before but didn't know it's origin, when its time to get my springs bilt I will apply that for sure

Amertek Rob

Observer
It's been busy at work so not to much progress, but I have done some research and ordered a pile of parts for the future, ( stove,heater,h2oheater,power panel,water pump,toliet,sink,and some electrical components) and shopping for windows and entry door, I did manage to get the hyd platform installedIMG_0952.jpgIMG_0954.jpgIMG_0955.jpg now i just need to cut out some plate and install some expanded metal for more air flow to the radiator and cut in some lights, fab a spare tire mount and a million other things

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Looks really cool Rob. Now if I could only get you guys with smart phone pics to rotate them, my head would feel so much better!:Wow1:

Amertek Rob

Observer
Amertek Build

Happy 4th everybody !

So too busy lately, but I have had time to collect some goods, and work on moving the drivers station from the middle to the left side, (at least start on it) mostly behind the scenes work, eliminating old fire truck stuff unused wiring and air lines, and the never ending sanding and polishing (bad idea) but it looks cool,

I managed to collect

New entry door with screen (ebay) for a high end pusher rv
all new custom windows from motion glass
nice new porcelain toilet
new kitchen sink
two new water pumps
two new roof vents w/fans
two new glass opening skylight / hatches with screens
new stainless stove and Camec hood from Australia
new two stage heater and thermostat
new electrical distribution panel / battery charger
two new Honda 2000 generators and parallel kit
i'm sure there is more, the shop is getting full

now shopping for and learning about solar power and DC refrigerators, should have a steel delivery by the end of the week so we can really get started,

Attachments

• IMG_0998.JPG
    IMG_0998.JPG
    257 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1208.JPG
    IMG_1208.JPG
    370.5 KB · Views: 19

tahoejmfc

Looking super good!!! PM me Rob, I have something for you that will help you on your journey.

I finally got new 16x20 XZL tires with Hemmt Wheels mounted after some clearance issues with the drum and valve stem. New hoses installed, all fire aperatus removed, Electrical shorts fixed, new radiator top tank and core built and installed.

Engine starts right up, air brakes come off, but the vehicle will only move 2-3" then stops, I dont know if it is the power divider or not, but Durst who makes the divider has no info on it even though they made it.
Only thing I can do right now is remove the driveshaft from the transmisson to the the transfer case to see what part of the system is frozen. The vehicle did drive prior to me replacing all fluids and hoses.
you can see it here,, www.instagram.com/jackalotus

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 9.08.38 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 9.08.47 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 9.08.54 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 9.09.03 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 9.09.12 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 9.09.23 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 9.09.33 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 9.09.47 PM.jpg

Happy 4th everybody !

So too busy lately, but I have had time to collect some goods, and work on moving the drivers station from the middle to the left side, (at least start on it) mostly behind the scenes work, eliminating old fire truck stuff unused wiring and air lines, and the never ending sanding and polishing (bad idea) but it looks cool,

I managed to collect

New entry door with screen (ebay) for a high end pusher rv
all new custom windows from motion glass
nice new porcelain toilet
new kitchen sink
two new water pumps
two new roof vents w/fans
two new glass opening skylight / hatches with screens
new stainless stove and Camec hood from Australia
new two stage heater and thermostat
new electrical distribution panel / battery charger
two new Honda 2000 generators and parallel kit
i'm sure there is more, the shop is getting full

now shopping for and learning about solar power and DC refrigerators, should have a steel delivery by the end of the week so we can really get started,

Amertek Rob

Observer
Nice to meet you via phone / text. hope you found the source of your leak, so glad to see some pics of another Amertek, gives me more enthusiasm to keep going! please text if i can be of assistance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior