What is it like to use a Waxed Jacket everyday?

DzlToy

Explorer
You certainly should not "wash" a waxed cotton or canvas jacket anymore than you should wash your denim. Mild staining and such give a bit of character, but heavy stains such as grease or food can be spot cleaned with mild soap and warm water.

If the garment becomes odoriferous, putting it in the freezer overnight will kill the offending bacteria.

Boiled Linseed oil can be used to re-treat the jacket if required.

perterra

Adventurer
You certainly should not "wash" a waxed cotton or canvas jacket anymore than you should wash your denim. Mild staining and such give a bit of character, but heavy stains such as grease or food can be spot cleaned with mild soap and warm water.

If the garment becomes odoriferous, putting it in the freezer overnight will kill the offending bacteria.

Boiled Linseed oil can be used to re-treat the jacket if required.

I just spray it in the shower and brush it with a stiff bristle brush while spraying it. Works fine. Ditch the boiled linseed in my opinion and use the Barbour stuff, works better than the Filson stuff (smells better)

I also have one of the Outback Trading, they will leave greasy spots on things. Work fine, but never lay it on top of anything for a few years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles