Tepui Awning and Awning Extension Room

Box Rocket

I compiled a list of interested individuals a while back and the order was based on that. I believe 10 Awning Extensions have been ordered. When they arrive and people need to pay for them, we'll see what's left and they'll be up for grabs.

Box Rocket

As I've mentioned a while back, there were 10 Awning Extensions ordered based on the individual requests. Here's the list of 10 that I have.rwilford21
jimi1971
Torq
VictorSmalls
LexusAllTerrain
ColoradoCal
Yarjammer
Parapyropig
rangerdogg
VTlandrover
AZbackcountry
At this point I'm assuming that everyone on this list is still planning on the purchase when they arrive. If anyone on the list pulls out, and one becomes available, I will post here and someone else can take that one. As soon as I have a solid delivery date, I'll let you all know and get payments so we can get them sent out quickly.

Last edited:

VTlandrover

Adventurer
thanks for checking Adam!
btw im having trouble getting the travel cover zip to start, i have cleaned all the dust and dirt out of it, also used dry graphite on it. what do you recomend?

Box Rocket

thanks for checking Adam!
btw im having trouble getting the travel cover zip to start, i have cleaned all the dust and dirt out of it, also used dry graphite on it. what do you recomend?
I actually use silicone spray as a lubricant for mine. I haven't noticed that dust sticks to it any more than usual so that might be worth a try. But if you think you have it lubricated properly, I find that it often more of an issue of having the zippers lined up correctly when there is difficulty getting the zipper started. You might try to make some minor adjustments to the tent size of the zipper in the track to align it better with the cover zipper.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
I actually use silicone spray as a lubricant for mine. I haven't noticed that dust sticks to it any more than usual so that might be worth a try. But if you think you have it lubricated properly, I find that it often more of an issue of having the zippers lined up correctly when there is difficulty getting the zipper started. You might try to make some minor adjustments to the tent size of the zipper in the track to align it better with the cover zipper.

Is there a particular brand you recommend? Don't want to gum them up or cause damage to the surrounding material. Also how often do you think the zippers should be treated just as a preventative measure? Is there any guideline to not really "clean" the zippers but like an after trip regimen from being in a dusty or wet environment?

Box Rocket

Is there a particular brand you recommend? Don't want to gum them up or cause damage to the surrounding material. Also how often do you think the zippers should be treated just as a preventative measure? Is there any guideline to not really "clean" the zippers but like an after trip regimen from being in a dusty or wet environment?
I think the zipper should be treated "as needed". No need to over do it if it it's working well. If it feels like it's a bit "gritty" or isn't zipping smoothly, then some dry lubricant like graphite can work well. Some like to use a wax spray. Personally I lightly spray a bit of WD40 or silicone spray in the zipper teeth. The water displacement nature of WD40 may help keep some moisture from sneaking through the zipper, and I haven't noticed any negative effects on the zipper fabric.
If you have had a particularly dirty trip and feel like the zipper needs to be cleaned, just spraying it with water should do the trick. If it were mine I would just use a power washer on a lower pressure. Leave the cover zipped but fold up the material of the cover to expose the zipper and spray it with water. Then open up the tent and allow it to dry thoroughly before putting it away for good. If you find the zipper "sticks" a bit after washing it, then its a good time to use a bit of your lube of choice.

Box Rocket

Good news! Awning Extensions have arrived!! Those of you who are on the waiting list, I will need your information as soon as it's convenient for you. Then we can get them shipped out right away. You can get me the information by emailing me at atolman@tepuitents.com or send it to me in a PM here, or you are welcome to call my cell and give me the information over the phone if you prefer not sending it electronically. My number is 801-710-8110. I have a couple meetings this afternoon so if I miss your call, leave a message and I'll get back to you. Here's what I need:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Email:
Phone:
Items Ordered:
Credit Card#:
Exp Date:
CVV#:
Please don't share that information in a reply to this thread unless you want the world to see it. :)
Thanks for the patience guys!

Box Rocket

Sorry I didn't post this with the last post. MSRP is $350 for the Awning Extension. Per usual, if you place your order through me you can take 10% off that for the forum discount.

parapyropig

Gorilla Wrangler
Ordered.

I'll now have one for each kid. I'll attach them to the port & starboard awnings on my M101A2 trailer. Gotta keep em separated.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94