Tepui Awning and Awning Extension Room

rwilford21

Hello all:

New owner of Tepui Autana Ruggedized (just purchase it, still waiting for it to arrive) and new member of the forum.

Anyway, my wife and I are looking for an awning and awning extension room and we think we like the Tepui versions but I was hoping to get some feedback from those of you with them?

Also considering the ARB 2000x2000 awning. Can you attach the Tepui Awning Extension Room to that awning?

Thanks for the help.

Robert W.
Colorado Springs, CO

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
If you intend on using walls of any sort on the awning, you might want to consider going bigger in at least one dimension. I have the 6' Tepui awning and it feels extremely tiny when I put up the mosquito netting walls. Without them, 6'x'6 feels a whole lot larger. I'm looking to add the awning extension when they are in stock again.

Box Rocket

Tepui's availability on the Awning Extension rooms is depending on demand. There has not been much interest in them lately to warrant a new supply. I know there are a few people who have been asking me about them so it's a good time to bring this up as the interest seems to be growing. If there are roughly 10 people interested in one then it makes sense to get them ordered and back in stock. They really are a nice addition for those that need them but not everyone needs the extra space.
If you are seriously interested in a Tepui Awning Extension, let me know and I'll start making a list and if there are enough I'll push to have an order placed.
Thanks

kai38

Explorer
I bought the Awning Extension room and they brought it to EXPO last year.
Its huge when in the carry bag, but is easy to store back in when folded away,
The storage bag is a heavy vinyl type material and seems tough.

We used the awning extension in Yellowstone last year with out attaching it to the awning because the campsite we got was laid out that we could park, truck, with awning, trailer in space provided but couldn't get close enough to attach tent.
Rained every night and Awning Extension room worked out great as a place to get out of the rain and have dinner. (We slept in RTT on trailer)

Brought it again to Cruiserfest for a friend to use and he placed a cot inside, might be real tight with 2 cots in there but will be doable.
Over all I like it, buy a good trap to place underneath when using it to protect it from dirt, etc.
Make sure you set it up at home before using it on a trip. I did but still had a problem with set up in Yellowstone.
Somehow the frame inside the tent (which stays inside when folded up) got crossed up & we had to remove the frame and set it up with out the tent to see how it works, then replace it into the tent body.
We were the entertainment for the campers next to use trying to figure it out.

Box Rocket

Ok everyone, I've been keeping a list of those interested in the Tepui Awning Extension and I think we've got enough interest to get another order placed for these. So this is a final call for anyone else that is wanting one of these. At the moment its looking like we'll try to order 10 Awning Extensions but could do more if there are more requests.
ETA would be a June delivery.

Box Rocket

Update. The order is going in right away. There's about a 6 week lead time on delivery. I'll continue to update as information is available.

Box Rocket

Here's the list I have:
rwilford21
jimi1971
Torq
VictorSmalls
LexusAllTerrain
ColoradoCal
Yarjammer
Parapyropig
rangerdogg
If you're on this list and not serious about getting one, let me know so someone else can be added. We're only bringing in a limited quantity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz