Dodge Ram bed rack

chet6.7

Explorer
AEV does seem to take a loong time to get their products out.I don't understand their reasons for not selling the Procal to anyone that wants it,they could sell more Procals than lifts.

mikekey

Deplorable
One that works with the Rambox. Probably working on it ;)

God yes, put me on that list. Can't find decent rack for our Powerwagon with Ramboxs but AEV's one off looks perfect. Publish some specs or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Catfish37

Observer
To each there own. I built mine. I bought a welder,steel and chop saw for way less than you could buy one. I needed a way to hual kayaks over the bed. Most of the racks I saw were way over priced and I would still have to modify them to work for me. It's not the prettiest design but it functions well.

Wirebrush

Observer
To each there own. I built mine. I bought a welder,steel and chop saw for way less than you could buy one. I needed a way to hual kayaks over the bed. Most of the racks I saw were way over priced and I would still have to modify them to work for me. It's not the prettiest design but it functions well.

I built a simple rack for my Ram box Power wagon to mount a RTT at cab height. I'missed surprised no one is building something like this for the Ram Boxes.

Sbright1989

Beautiful rack! I've been trying to build the same style for my 2012 Power Wagon since it also has the Ram Boxes. Do you have any pointers or more photos? I'd love to hear what you came up with. Kalispell here. Thanks.

Wirebrush

Observer
I started by cutting out the feet from 1/4 inch plate to match the top corners of the box. I wanted to spread the load out over as big of an area as possible. I cut out pads to sit between the rack and plastic clad bed corners out of high density foam rubber sourced from a couple hardware store kneeling pads for gardening. It's secured with 4 heavy duty ratchet straps criss crossed to the tie down points in the bed. The rest is just 2"x2"x.125" tube frame work with a couple 1.5"x1.5"×.125" cross member tubes to secure the tent to.

m(a)ce

Adventurer
a48286322fd22209eeb211604db31232.jpg

saw the Leitner setup when I was at OK last time and looked pretty solid.

if I get a truck at some point I'd definitely add it to the top of my contender list. aluminum construction & interchangeable accessories are a big plus.

OutdoorX4 did a story on the rack which might give you some more info.

https://outdoorx4.com/stories/product-spotlight-leitner-designs-active-cargo-system/

delivered by winged monkeys

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
I built a simple rack for my Ram box Power wagon to mount a RTT at cab height. I'missed surprised no one is building something like this for the Ram Boxes.

I like that design! I agree with you, it seems like there is a lack of support for the Ram Series.

Scoutman

Explorer
Missed this thread somehow. I'm also in the process of building a bed rack for my long bed ram 3500 for a cvt denali to go up top. Subscribed for updates.

Trophycummins

Adventurer
I'm in the middle of a rack for my '15 ccsb as well, still in the design process. RTT will be ordered this friday, construction starts sometime next week.

rackscreenshot.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94