Geo adventure tents and awnings

VTlandrover

Adventurer
Has anyone here bought one of there rtts? or awnings/ the value looks good but id like to here from real people on here! thanks for reading.

VTlandrover

Adventurer
so far the few reviews ive found have cited water leaks through the zips & seams.....looks like one to pass on!!!!!
so who knows anything real world about the TJM line of tents? im a first time potential buyer of a rtt. so any info on any make is helpful!!

jeepercj75

I got one there RTT's and the Annex leaked like the Titanic. The upper tent would leak after a soaking rain. I had to recoat it with a waterproofing when it was brand new. I had to warranty the ladder out because it wouldn't hold up which took 8 weeks. Their customer service is in the toilet. I would spend a few extra bucks and buy a CVT for sure.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

lugueto

Adventurer
GEO stands for Global Expedition Outfitters, its a Venezuelan company which has moved to the US and Costa Rica, I believe. Their tents and awnings are made in China.

I suppose these are the same old-model ARB Simpson II knock offs you see everywhere, it is basically the quintessential folding RTT design anyway. The problem is, they're probably made cheap, and so they have certain issues.

If you're looking for a less expensive option for a RTT, I suppose these would be on par with the rest of the cheaper options out there.

Leaky annexes are well known problems with these style tents, not just the cheap ones. Properly taped seams might vary. I believe cheap tents also have taped seams, the problem is the tape itself is crap.

Venezuelan customer service is usually unacceptably bad, if at all existent. So I suppose this is inherent to their roots. I wouldn't count on CS or Warranty to be easy or quick.

This being said, most of these tent's parts are interchangeable with more expensive tents with these designs, so you should be able to upgrade parts such as the ladder for much higher quality parts if these fail.

Sure, you can give it a try, but you always get what you pay for in the end...

VTlandrover

Adventurer
update...
i just placed an order with Adam Tolman at tepui tents for an Autana with annex. thanks for everyones comments. now i cant wait to get to use it!

darenwelsh

Comparing the GEO tent specs and photos to CVT and Tepui, I'm not seeing a lot of difference. So why would a CVT or Tepui tent be any better than a GEO?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier