The DiscoDavis Discovery 3 Build Thread

DiscoDavis

Explorer
What a bummer. Wish you had posted about the incident.

I have swapped out 6 transmissions so far, body on.

It's a 8-12 hour job to install, but not terrible. I actually just recently paid a local tech to show me how to rebuild them and we did mine. Not for the faint of heart, but I did it.

Hope you get another one, i enjoyed your build thread.

Abran, hello!

Dealing with insurance and a bad mood all winter, I didn't want to say too much. Hmm... This is the first today I have heard of swapping without getting the body off! I learned a lot from the whole process, especially about the various wiring bits, etc.

Thanks again for getting me that amp. It completely fixed all my electrical issues, but sadly I ran out of time to remove it again from the car before it was taken away... oh well.

Keep an eye on my next few projects... going WAY simple :)

-Connor

Abran

Observer
Abran, hello!

Dealing with insurance and a bad mood all winter, I didn't want to say too much. Hmm... This is the first today I have heard of swapping without getting the body off! I learned a lot from the whole process, especially about the various wiring bits, etc.

Thanks again for getting me that amp. It completely fixed all my electrical issues, but sadly I ran out of time to remove it again from the car before it was taken away... oh well.

Keep an eye on my next few projects... going WAY simple :)

-Connor
I guess saying the body needs to come off is how the dealer justifies the big price tag!

I'm looking for your next build, good luck!

ColoDisco

Explorer
Actually the customer overheated the engine (we never figured out how) we tried headgaskets (under warranty) he came back with it still overheating so they replaced the short block and milled the heads under warranty again. For once Land Rover stepped up and took care of the customer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94