AT Tacoma Habitat: Official Thread

Keyne

Adventurer
Very interested to see the pricing on the canvas room enclosure. Also, thinking of that enclosure it would be great if it has room for a rear swing out to fit inside it. For instance, with the tail gate down and the swing out deployed (e.g. with a fold down counter), it would be great to have space to pull (and stake?) the canvas wall out so that could fit.

cozydog

Observer
How specific is install to the bed, if the dimensions are correct would it fit onto any truck bed? Reason I am asking is because I have a 93 four door hilux, it has a 5 ft bed and i believe its width is also close to the 4 door tacoma. I'll send you an email but I don't know if there would be the demand for this specific model....but if the dimensions are correct could I make it work?

The AT habitat is exactly what I'm looking for and I've even convinced the wife!

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Looking forward to your e-mail with dimensions.

How specific is install to the bed, if the dimensions are correct would it fit onto any truck bed? Reason I am asking is because I have a 93 four door hilux, it has a 5 ft bed and i believe its width is also close to the 4 door tacoma. I'll send you an email but I don't know if there would be the demand for this specific model....but if the dimensions are correct could I make it work?

The AT habitat is exactly what I'm looking for and I've even convinced the wife!

elcoyote

Wulp...11 of the first 13 have been spoken for. That was fast! 2 of them will be 2nd Gen DCSB. It's going to be a busy next few weeks :)

chmura

Adventurer
With the DCSB I believe the bed area will be shortened correct? Or will the Habitat overhang more on the Tacoma roof to aid in more square foot? Will there be a optional 3 or 4 person sleeping on the DCSB??

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
With the DCSB I believe the bed area will be shortened correct? Or will the Habitat overhang more on the Tacoma roof to aid in more square foot? Will there be a optional 3 or 4 person sleeping on the DCSB??

Based on my old Flippac for the DCSB, the lid/ bed will be the same with more overhang. Since the lid is the same size, the top of the shell will be the same, so additional sleeping space options probably won't change.

With the Flippac, the long overhang made a nice storage platform (obviously with tent deployed) during the day. Everything had to be moved at night for access to the bed though. With the Habitat, it will make a great place to store bags and other loose items to really open up the living space. You could probably fit 6 - 8 Wolfpack containers up there. Just move them to the floor during travel.

It will be interesting to see how people outfit their rigs. Blank canvas back there.

elcoyote

The bed and tent remain the same size and will overhang the cab by one foot more than a 6 foot Access cab. There is a 3 + 4 sleeping option on all sizes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

kb7our

Explorer
The bed and tent remain the same size and will overhang the cab by one foot more than a 6 foot Access cab. There is a 3 + 4 sleeping option on all sizes.

Mario, although I missed seeing you at the recent AZ Sportsman's Expo, I did get to stop by to take a peek at the new product. The new Tacoma Habitat looks to be a substantial evolutionary design enhancement which was impressive from what I saw of the prototype. It's great to see the AT team continuing to push the envelope on their product offerings. All the best of success with this new product! Wade

chmura

Adventurer

Thank you both for the responses!

The overhang, how low will it be towards the roof line of the Tacoma's? I envision myself buying a flat roof rack for the roof and putting a storage box or two in the very front to maximize storage space as much as possible. Will this be possible? I think it will depend on how low the overhang is so it does not hit the rear of the roof rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior