AT Tacoma Habitat: Official Thread

dman93

Adventurer
AT folks, this is great and seems to address many shortcomings of the other guys' product and adds quality and nice details. I know you're getting a lot of questions, but here's a pretty simple one: I currently have a T100 though I see a Tacoma in my future. Would the LB Tacoma unit fit on the slightly wider but same length T100 bed, which is the same as a first-gen Tundra? Even if the fit isn't optimal - my current FRP FlipPac doesn't fit that great - I'd like to know if I could attach it and upgrade my truck later. Also, I'm assuming the Taco AccessCab unit would also fit a DCLB. Correct?

Thanks.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Roger that! Thanks Mario!

DCLB tacomas have the same 6ft bed as the access cab your running so wouldn't the AT habitat be the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, you are correct, they are the same. I meant the DCSB is next.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DVexile

Adventurer
The goal of the new camper design is to provide a lightweight yet robust camping platform for todays' fuel efficient trucks while still leaving room for the individual owners to customize it to their specific needs

Wait, I'm confused, I thought you said this was made for the Tacoma? ;)

Really nice work, look forward to seeing one in person some day.

Keyne

Adventurer
Looks really nice!

At first I was a bit surprised at the decision to open the tent to the rear but it would be nice to have a small cab roof rack and then noticed the option for an awning room... Assuming that means an awning room to attached under the bed at the rear? THAT would be add a ton of protected interior space and make using a rear kitchen pretty awesome.

Karmapolice

My first post since lurking on this site since 2010. I want one of these so bad, thank you for making this!! I just got a 2nd gen Tacoma in Novemeber and this would be perfect for us. My wife and I are scheming ways to come up with the money, anyone need a nine year old and a Doberman lol. Oh yeah my birthday is in March :sombrero:

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
Nice work! In addition to not having to unload a cab rack, the full-zipper access to the cab roof is great. You can put light stuff (clothing, etc.) on the cab roof and access it from inside the camper. During dry weather camping of course.

Also like all of the webbing to tighten up the tent and keep it from flapping. It's great that you can do it from the inside.

Lastly, you could pass through the Habitat to a small RTT (like the Overcamp) on the cab roof and keep the living area open at night. Kids will need to sleep somewhere when they get older...

Eazy.E

PNW Wanderer
Nice work! In addition to not having to unload a cab rack, the full-zipper access to the cab roof is great. You can put light stuff (clothing, etc.) on the cab roof and access it from inside the camper. During dry weather camping of course.

Also like all of the webbing to tighten up the tent and keep it from flapping. It's great that you can do it from the inside.

Lastly, you could pass through the Habitat to a small RTT (like the Overcamp) on the cab roof and keep the living area open at night. Kids will need to sleep somewhere when they get older...

Habitat AND an over cab RTT! Now you're thinking!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elcoyote

Looks really nice!

At first I was a bit surprised at the decision to open the tent to the rear but it would be nice to have a small cab roof rack and then noticed the option for an awning room... Assuming that means an awning room to attached under the bed at the rear? THAT would be add a ton of protected interior space and make using a rear kitchen pretty awesome.
A room enclosure if planned for that exact purpose

elcoyote

Yes you would be able to pass through the door over the cab. The bug mesh on that end unzips

Iggy

I'm really excited to see this! I have been looking to build something similar since there was nothing like on the market. Depending on the price I'm all over this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles