AT Tacoma Habitat: Official Thread

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
12 to 14 inches ish above the roof line? Just curious

3" clearance between the roof of the cab and the underside of the Habitat. Just enough room for a K9 table. The Habitat is around 8" high above the cab.

Rivers2run

Observer
Could anyone tell me the thickness of the side panels of the Habitat? I have not picked mine up yet but it it is finished and I will be soon be picking it up. I would like to put 2 eye bolts on the sides to hang my table and my maxtrax. I plan to put an eye nut on the threaded end of the eye bolt so I can hang stuff inside the habitat. I will use stainless and rubber washers so it plays nice with the aluminum so I will need to order some of the pieces, the eye nuts in stainless are hard to find. I need to know the thickness of the panels. At some point I will also make a screen curtain/door for the tailgate area, I will probably wait until I can make some good measurements on my truck, so any experiences with that would be helpful.

Last edited:

urbikesucks

Wait till you get it and check out cvt or other rtt they sell enclosed rooms they may wk we are looking at the same to have a room off the *** end.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Your side panels are .810" +/- thick.

Could anyone tell me the thickness of the side panels of the Habitat? I have not picked mine up yet but it it is finished and I will be soon be picking it up. I would like to put 2 eye bolts on the sides to hang my table and my maxtrax. I plan to put an eye nut on the threaded end of the eye bolt so I can hang stuff inside the habitat. I will use stainless and rubber washers so it plays nice with the aluminum so I will need to order some of the pieces, the eye nuts in stainless are hard to find. I need to know the thickness of the panels. At some point I will also make a screen curtain/door for the tailgate area, I will probably wait until I can make some good measurements on my truck, so any experiences with that would be helpful.

drcoopster

Adventurer
I'm disappointed to hear that this won't be available for the new Ridgeline, even though it has a traditionally-shaped bed about the same size as the short bed Tacoma and Colorado.

5uSKE2.jpg

Martyn

I'm disappointed to hear that this won't be available for the new Ridgeline, even though it has a traditionally-shaped bed about the same size as the short bed Tacoma and Colorado.

5uSKE2.jpg

Have you sent us the measurements of the bed?

We would need bed width inside and outside taken at the front, middle and rear. Bed length inside and outside along the bed rail and in the middle. Height from bed rail to top of cab, and in this case to the top of the factory roof bars.

Once we have all of that we can give you a definitive answer.

drcoopster

Adventurer
I can get the measurements. I emailed recently and was told that AT already evaluated the new Ridgeline and decided not to support it.

Martyn

I can get the measurements. I emailed recently and was told that AT already evaluated the new Ridgeline and decided not to support it.

We tried to make the Habitat to be as universal a fit as possible. Unfortunately vehicle manufacturers don't play by the same rules. I'd be happy to re-evaluate the fit for your vehicle but I'm guessing Mario has already measured up a Ridgeline and found out it is outside the parameters.

Question for Adventure Trailers:

I think I read earlier in this thread, that you are going to make one to fit an F-150 with the 5'-8" bed. If so, what will be the length of the cab overhang? Here is where I'm going with this question. I would like one with a 5'-8" shell length, that has at least a 2'-6" overhang, creating a sleeping area that is at least 8 feet long. I realize there are issues involved with the force required to flip the top, stress from an extended cantilever, and standardized tent sizes. All of this said, is there any chance you could do something like that?

Thanks,
John

drcoopster

Adventurer
I think I read earlier in this thread, that you are going to make one to fit an F-150 with the 5'-8" bed. If so, what will be the length of the cab overhang?

They state that the tent is 15' long, so take half of that (90"), and subtract 5' 8" (68") and you'll have a number (22") that's going to be pretty close to your overhang.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online