AT Tacoma Habitat: Official Thread

Herrawesome

AT Team will we be able to store anything ie sleeping bags pillows ect while the Habitat is in its stow position?

Anything on the bed would need to be secured to the bed or it will just fall out when flipped closed.
The mattress and tent make a pretty tight fit when closed, but you might be able to squeeze in a thin blanket or sleeping bag. We have some bed sheets with Velcro on the sides and throw out blankets and pillows when we set up camp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

urbikesucks

Anything on the bed would need to be secured to the bed or it will just fall out when flipped closed.
The mattress and tent make a pretty tight fit when closed, but you might be able to squeeze in a thin blanket or sleeping bag. We have some bed sheets with Velcro on the sides and throw out blankets and pillows when we set up camp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, herrawesome. I know i used to pack alot in our rtt. Couple sleeping bags and blanket is what i was thinking. Few less items in bed of truck and they compress and are light weight.

stressedpenguin

Just ordered my habitat with front and rear windows so I can leave it on as a dd if I want. During emails back and forth Martyn and Lauren sent these pictures of the windows. I remember someone asking about them but didn't see any as I surfed around various sites.

Ikmv5J0.jpg

xmDBtG2.jpg

wYmlvXj.jpg

They also mentioned the aluminum accents with the AT logo went away on this next version, so it will be just blank straight aluminum on the sides now.

Junior83

Observer
I've ordered my habitat with the slider window on the passenger side, their new all-aluminum hatch on the driver side (not shown), with the cab slider hatch and a carpeted interior.

Here are some of the photos they shared with me for my build.

C721910A-5AF8-487F-9F42-95731E3A3330_zpshzrq6cca.jpg

43586824-B74F-4944-A83F-F2EBEE843CA4_zpsdeudc6rf.jpg

50ED9C69-5AB8-4CEE-9789-81490A36C78A_zps36afueea.jpg

55915C9B-8EDC-4150-BE3A-C1D43E334F45_zpsb1whgdwa.jpg

1D250A38-61E7-4D47-8584-5ACD63213835_zpssnmljnug.jpg

12397DD4-2BD6-43E7-B7FA-848AFC213ED3_zpsxg37b3ph.jpg

80E1C048-D09B-4884-8728-359487C47227_zpsumjttisx.jpg

Ark

Martyn or Mario,

Do you offer larger windows than the ones shown above? Is it possible to forego the gas assist struts in favor of full length windoors? Is it feasible to lift the roof panel without the assist struts?

I'm sure there are some really good, topper style side and rear windows out there but I have always really liked WagonGear's flip out window designs. Just throwing that out there.... :)

http://wagongear.com/shop/flip-up-hatch-window/

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
The gas struts are necessary to open the top and removing them is not an option.

We have a new side door option that is approx 54 x 15. It can either lift up on gas struts or drop down on lanyards to make a side table. Here is a picture of the prototype:
0fbab2581098f435d48f5265fe2cede9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

elcoyote

So are the tents in? I never receive updates.
Our first load of olive colored tents came in on Monday and our second load of gray tents is due middle of May. We have been sending out updates to some people this week based upon their place in the production queue. I apologize but I do not know who you are from your avatar here. Please drop a line to me and I will be happy to tell you the status of your Habitat.

tbaker

Just curious what the lead time is to get one of these? sounds like there is quite a big backlog of orders now?

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I am guessing 5 to 6 months I ordered in December, as far as I know they haven't started on mine yet.

I'm working on this right now. Unfortunately it's not a linear thing where I can just pop out an answer.

Each one of the builds is different and varies from simple to complex.

We have a finite amount of space we can build in, allowing us to work on five or six Habitats at a time.

We are recruiting and training new staff to help with the builds. I need four people if you any of you are interested out there.

We are finding new and better ways to assemble the Habitats.

We also have variables like the tents coming into stock, us fitting them to Habitats that we have already built, then fitting them to customers vehicles. We have Four Wheel Campers to fit, trailers to build, vehicles to work on, and accessories to assemble.

All good problems to have, and right now I'm doing my best to work it all out in a Gantt chart. As soon as I have some answers I'll let you know. Thank you for your patience.

robert

Expedition Leader
Is it just me or would a single piano hingo look better on that rear than the three individual hinges?

I'd really be interested in talking to you about coming to work if I wasn't about to be down for a couple of months with some orthopedic work. :(

elcap23

I know you guys are slammed with orders and modifications, which is great, but personlly I would love to see an AT Habitat that popped straight up....similar to an Ursa Minor, or the Alu-Cab Roof Hard sided RTT. I love the basic setup on the inside, but we often have whitewater boats, skis, and other gear on the roof. It would be great to have a place to sit and cook, or stand up without having to unload all of your crap off the roof.

I know there are the Four Wheel Camper options, but I like the lighter more basic style of the Habitat.

Thanks for making great products and keep up the innovation.

elcoyote

Is it just me or would a single piano hingo look better on that rear than the three individual hinges?

I'd really be interested in talking to you about coming to work if I wasn't about to be down for a couple of months with some orthopedic work. :(
The hinges were chosen for their durability and ease of manufacturing assembly. A piano hinge does not have the same characteristics. The same hinges have been made for us and in use on our trailers since 2001 without a single failure. We understand that various clients will have personal aesthetic preferences but we always choose reliability of design first. That is our company ethos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior