AT Tacoma Habitat: Official Thread

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Mario
Question I'm trying to figure out on the Tacoma is 5 or 6 foot bed. Is it one size fits all or one is a foot longer? One of the main reasons I'm getting the truck is for the habitat. 90% its just going to be me.
Torn between the TRD Pro or the 6 foot bed on a fully loaded TRD Off Road. Any info on the positives and negatives?
The 5 and 6 are two distinct sizes. If you travel with no more than 2 persons then I would advise the Tacoma Access cab with a 6 foot bed. If your travel party is more than that then I would recommend a Tacoma Double Cab with the 5 or 6 foot bed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

elcoyote

Is there financing available through AT?
Sorry, we do not offer financing. Some of our clients have gone through various finance companies on their own such as Essex Credit, USAA Bank and State Farm Bank. As with any consumer credit scenario, it's best to shop around.

Rivers2run

Observer
I got a loan through my Credit Union my Truck is paid off so I obtained a loan against it. That gave me the best rate I think it is less than 4%, secured loans have the best rates. Also excellent credit helps keep the rates down.

elcoyote

Big spoon, little spoon.
4d93f4d749a0c3ec912264a329036e46.jpg

Eagle05

Adventurer
Big spoon, little spoon.

I like it on the Tacoma, but love it on that Ram. With the trailer too, it could be the perfect family setup.

When will there be more photos of the inside of the full size?
Would you mind posting the standing height inside the bed with the Habitat opened?
After seeing the 5' Tacoma last year, I have to imagine this feels more spacious.

the406

Would there possibly be a photo floating around of a Habitat on a first gen Tundra (2001-ish)? This setup seems to be the best option for my family and I, and the info around a 6.5' bed option is great to hear.

elcoyote

I like it on the Tacoma, but love it on that Ram. With the trailer too, it could be the perfect family setup.

When will there be more photos of the inside of the full size?
Would you mind posting the standing height inside the bed with the Habitat opened?
After seeing the 5' Tacoma last year, I have to imagine this feels more spacious.

94″ tallest standing room at middle, 83″ lowest standing room at front (cab)

Last edited:

elcoyote

Pictures of the inside of the Goose Gear equipped 6.4 Ram Habitat. It has a National Luna 50L Twin Fridge/Freezer, National Luna Power Pack, SMEV stove/sink combo, Espar D2 Airtronic diesel heater, 20 gallon water tank, hot water heat exchanger, 10 lb propane tank, retractable faucet (long enough to use as shower outside), Wrappon hermetically sealing toilet on a slide, AT Combo slide with Partner Stove for outside cooking.

DSC_0177.jpgDSC_0190.jpgDSC_0184.jpg

Last edited:

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
that third folding bed over the sink looks pretty cool, I don't recall seeing one that style before. I am excited to see these on some more full sized truck options. Well done

Shradicalwyo

Adventurer
Would there possibly be a photo floating around of a Habitat on a first gen Tundra (2001-ish)? This setup seems to be the best option for my family and I, and the info around a 6.5' bed option is great to hear.

There's actually one running around Jackson, I actually just saw it parked when I was walking the dog. It's a double cab, but still a first gen.

I'll grab a pic next time I see it. Looked like there was a little gap but it seemed to fit really well.

the406

There's actually one running around Jackson, I actually just saw it parked when I was walking the dog. It's a double cab, but still a first gen.

I'll grab a pic next time I see it. Looked like there was a little gap but it seemed to fit really well.

Sweet, thanks for trying to track it down!

the406

For those current Habitat owners that sleep 3-4 people, how does that work exactly with the slide in platforms? Perhaps it is a silly question, but with the way (I think) the sleeping platforms slide in, once you get everything in place, is everyone more or less "sealed in" the sleeping area (with 4 people)? Three people makes sense, as it leaves open one side to access the truck bed, but do you need to go to a side access/ladder set-up with 4 people? Just curious on how that would work best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94