AT Tacoma Habitat: Official Thread

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
It's official. The Tacoma Habitat has been released exclusively on ExPo: http://expeditionportal.com/news-at-overland-announces-new-tacoma-habitat/

We know that there are going to be a ton of questions and we will do our best to address them. For starters:

• Pricing will be announced 3-1-16.
    Production and ordering will commence 3-15-16 on a first come first serve basis.
    The first units being produced will be for 2nd Gen (2005-2015) 6' bed Tacomas
    3rd Gen Tacomas will become available in May
    Both 2nd and 3rd Gen units will be on display at Overland Expo West in Flagstaff May 20-22

In the meantime, here are the general details and specs for the 2nd Gen Tacoma

Features:

• Easy 1 minute deployment and stowage
• Sleeps 2 standard with options to sleep 3 or 4
• Built in mattress
• Clothing gear loft and 4 side pockets in tent
• Insulated sleeping platform and shell walls
• Built in awning by design covering entrance area
• All aluminum composite construction
• Ruggedly designed for 4x4 travel
• Built in Roof Rack (3 bars)
• Waterproof and Breathable tent. No rain fly required.

Specifications:

• Dimensions closed:
93.5” Long at top, 76.375” Long at base
32.75” Tall with Roof Bars, 32.25” Tall with Track only
64” Wide at base, 53” Wide at top
60” Wide Roof Bars
• Dimensions open:
186.5” Long
87” x 48” x 2” Hi-Density Foam Mattress with washable cover
92” Standing room at Rear, 81” Standing room at Front
• Materials specifications list:
.060” 5052 CNC formed Aluminum
Insulated Aluminum composite panels
Stainless Steel Hardware
Nemo Equipment Habitat Tent: Waterproof & Breathable 275 G Poly/Cotton, No-see-um netting
• Base weight: 340 lbs
• Roof weight capacity: 350 lbs
• Cantilever Bed loading capacity: 600 lbs

Options:

• Cab Slider window
• Side windows and windoors
• Rear Liftgate window
• Interior Lighting
• USB and 12 volt power ports
• Side awnings
• Awning room enclosures
• Interior cabinetry
• Options to sleep 3 or 4 persons
• Color match to vehicle

It matters to us what you think, that's how our products get designed and built. Let me know your comments, questions and feedback. We will do our best to answer.

Mario

Clutch

<---Pass
Looks fantastic! Good luck with your new product, it is a much needed addition to the market.

One question, what is the general clearance between the roof and ground when deployed?

Eazy.E

PNW Wanderer
Looks Awesome Mario! Cant wait to where pricing falls, Either way, very excited!

One aspect that wasn't really touched on in Expo's Article was how the tent is being contained at the top of the shell when it is closed? I see the two planks across the top that look like they slide, is it held up primarily from those?

I also see the supports for the sleeping platform are tied into the roof rack, safe to assume that this one roof rack cross bar is stationary and the other two can be adjusted on that track. The switch to primarily aluminum is great, being able to climb up top to get gear tied down will be so nice.

it really looks great and being that I have a DCLB Tacoma its got me very intrigued!

elcoyote

Looks fantastic! Good luck with your new product, it is a much needed addition to the market.

One question, what is the general clearance between the roof and ground when deployed?
The truck in the article has a 2" lift on 285/75R16 tires. This gave 81" of clearance underneath the deployed cantilever bed platform.

destructomatt

Adventurer
I've been stoked on seeing this since we spoke on the phone in December. The finished product looks great and aluminum will match my silver taco quite well. I would interested in knowing the headroom dimension behind the truck with a 2.5" lift. Not being able to stand up back there is a bit of concern for me as I'm contemplating my order.

elcoyote

Looks Awesome Mario! Cant wait to where pricing falls, Either way, very excited!

One aspect that wasn't really touched on in Expo's Article was how the tent is being contained at the top of the shell when it is closed? I see the two planks across the top that look like they slide, is it held up primarily from those?

I also see the supports for the sleeping platform are tied into the roof rack, safe to assume that this one roof rack cross bar is stationary and the other two can be adjusted on that track. The switch to primarily aluminum is great, being able to climb up top to get gear tied down will be so nice.

it really looks great and being that I have a DCLB Tacoma its got me very intrigued!
You have interpreted the pictures well. There are 3 cross planks that retain the fabric and poles in place when closed. When open they can be used to increase the size of the platform over the cab. The supports are tied to the center roof bar and that must remain in place, the other two bars may be placed wherever you need. The DCLB version will be next.

Eazy.E

PNW Wanderer
You have interpreted the pictures well. There are 3 cross planks that retain the fabric and poles in place when closed. When open they can be used to increase the size of the platform over the cab. The supports are tied to the center roof bar and that must remain in place, the other two bars may be placed wherever you need. The DCLB version will be next.

Roger that! Thanks Mario!

DCLB tacomas have the same 6ft bed as the access cab your running so wouldn't the AT habitat be the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
The truck in the article has a 2" lift on 285/75R16 tires. This gave 81" of clearance underneath the deployed cantilever bed platform.

Is that from the deck / roof or from the cross bars of the rack system... I guess they would stick out about 6 inches so that would reduce it to 75" of clearance - which would be enough for most people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles