AT Tacoma Habitat: Official Thread

NH4Runner

I am in the process of working with Mario on ordering our Habitat for the family but have a few questions after reading some threads and reviews. How easy is the Habitat to remove and reinstall after Adventure trailer does the first installation (wiring connect and disconnect and weather sealing)? Is the top of the bed caulked on the truck it self that would leave either a mess every time removed or permanent caulking? I have read a few reviews where the Nemo tent has a few leaks has anybody experienced this or have further knowledge of this happening?

I have a Habitat installed on a 2005 Toyota Tacoma. The Habitat came with the 12v power system, cab slider window, and interior carpeting as options. While I haven't done it, removing the Habitat on the Tacoma looks fairly straight forward. There are four large bolts on each side of the truck bed that secure the Habitat. The 12v power system has a quick disconnect. The top of the bed rail is not caulked. Instead there are three bulb seal gaskets that run the length of the truck bed rail, on each side and in the front. In my experience, with the Tacoma, these bulb seals did a great job sealing the Habitat to the bed with the exception of the front corners of the bed. In the front corners of the bed I ended up running a six inch bead of silicone on the bed rail to prevent water from getting under the bulb seal through a small rectangular hole (OEM) in the bed rail.

As far as the Nemo tent. I was one of the unfortunate ones to get a tent that was not seam sealed properly. AT Overland told me that this was an issue with a small batch of tents, and AT Overland ended up fixing the seam sealing for me free of charge. I received the Habitat four months ago so I would imagine that poorly seam sealed tents is no longer an issue.

If you have other questions or would like images of anything feel free to send me a message. I've actually been on the road traveling and living out of the Habitat for the past four months so I feel like I know a fair amount about it at this point.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
I am in the process of working with Mario on ordering our Habitat for the family but have a few questions after reading some threads and reviews. How easy is the Habitat to remove and reinstall after Adventure trailer does the first installation (wiring connect and disconnect and weather sealing)? Is the top of the bed caulked on the truck it self that would leave either a mess every time removed or permanent caulking? I have read a few reviews where the Nemo tent has a few leaks has anybody experienced this or have further knowledge of this happening?

Also I know there aren't as many Ram Habitat's out there yet but would any one have pictures of the mounting brackets to the Ram bed or the connection points for the brackets and the wiring? Are those brackets in the way when the Habitat is removed for utilizing the truck bed? Do any Ram owners have any leaks where the Habitat mates with the truck bed?

I have looked at every picture and video probably a few hundred times but cant seem to find the above information, I would appreciate any feed back. I know Mario and the guys do excellent work and we really look forward to enjoying our Habitat once we pick it up next year.
For the Dodge we bolt through a top double plate and attach to a small oval plate we make that has captive hardware as in the pictures. The Dodge takes 3 bolts on each side. We use bulb seal all around and only use silicone caulk in a 1/4" spot at the front corner of the bed where the bulb seal cannot make contact.

There were some issues with tent seam sealing in one batch we had but that has been resolved. We sent out sealing kits to customers and fixed those that were local. The balance of the batch were all sealed in house and tested with a sprinkler system before being mounted.

We have made a change back to our original fabric which has different sewing characteristics that makes seam sealing much simpler.
d66d34a2f9e22ff75c7ccc3b88a4f8cd.jpg
0df186367e65c14cea5eee5ddc3ddede.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

southstarjeff

We will be releasing an 8' model by the end of the year and we are collecting information from interested parties. If you want your 8' truck model to be considered during the design phase, drop me an e-mail at Mario@adventuretrailers.com with some truck specifications.

Any update on the availability for an 8’ bed?

We saw these at O’Neil Overland this weekend and the misses loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Any update on the availability for an 8’ bed?

We saw these at O’Neil Overland this weekend and the misses loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We are still working out the details and which platform to commence with. Stay tuned.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

excorcist

Looking into an awning to mount on the side of the Habitat on a Tacoma shortbed anyone have suggestions/options? I also have a Prinsu roof rack that will be cut down to accommodate the habitat, so hoping I might be able to mount a longer one that mounts on both to the habitat and the roof rack.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
We have the Habitat awnings that can be attached to either side or both sides.

You can find it here.

excorcist

Thank you Martyn, I have an awning like the one you guys sell which is great for certain scenarios, but I much prefer the ARB style awnings for a roof mount.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Thank you Martyn, I have an awning like the one you guys sell which is great for certain scenarios, but I much prefer the ARB style awnings for a roof mount.

That will be a challenge because of the gas strut locations and the support pole locations. I haven't looked into it too deeply it may be possible if something was attached to the roof rack tracks. I'll mull it over next week.

excorcist

Thanks Martyn. I ended up ordering an 8 foot smittybilt awning as 4wheelparts had an amazing sale on them. They are designed to be somewhat universal... If it doesn't work so be it but would like to try.

Im hoping to mount somewhat flush to side of habitat in front of the struts using L track, but if that doesn't work I should most certainly be able to make something like Wanderer has shown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles