Thread: Blender, My LX450/FZJ80 + FJ45esk + GM + Land Rover crazy concoction

  1. #671
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Roca Blanca
    Posts
    3,674
    CR Lawrence makes top notch glass components, but are usually very expensive. I use a lot of their stuff. I would also suggest you use tempered glass. Lexan sucks. For just single glazed tempered in an automotive thickness, you should be paying around $10-$12 per square foot at most. You could also have it done in tinted glass too.
    '94 Santa Monica Airlines 39" longboard, Indy 159s, Powell AT wheels
    '99 UZJ 100 with OME, 255 ST Max’s and factory locker.
    '14 Dodge 3500 6.7, 68RFE with Thurens, 5100s, 305/70-18 ST Maxxxxxs
    '17 Northern Lite 9-6 Q. Factory ordered to my spec.
    '74 Airstream International 29'

  2. #672
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Southwest Colorado
    Posts
    3,553
    Quote Originally Posted by redthies View Post
    CR Lawrence makes top notch glass components, but are usually very expensive. I use a lot of their stuff. I would also suggest you use tempered glass. Lexan sucks. For just single glazed tempered in an automotive thickness, you should be paying around $10-$12 per square foot at most. You could also have it done in tinted glass too.
    Please tell me more!

  3. #673
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Roca Blanca
    Posts
    3,674
    About which part?
    '94 Santa Monica Airlines 39" longboard, Indy 159s, Powell AT wheels
    '99 UZJ 100 with OME, 255 ST Max’s and factory locker.
    '14 Dodge 3500 6.7, 68RFE with Thurens, 5100s, 305/70-18 ST Maxxxxxs
    '17 Northern Lite 9-6 Q. Factory ordered to my spec.
    '74 Airstream International 29'

  4. #674
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Southwest Colorado
    Posts
    3,553
    Quote Originally Posted by redthies View Post
    About which part?
    Anything about building my own windows. Have you used the CRL style gasket system?

  5. #675
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Roca Blanca
    Posts
    3,674
    I’ve mostly used CRLs residential stuff. Most of my automotive type glass work is rv related. Have you considered premade rv type sliders? I’ve linked a couple below. They come in a ton of different sizes and shapes. If they don’t float your boat, I can put you in touch with one of my journeyman glazier guys. He is just finishing a Hilux “expo-crawler” so would probably be keen to help a fellow Toyota guy get his build completed. He has done every aspect of glass before and will have 10x the insight I do.


    https://www.amazon.com/C-R-LAURENCE-...WRHVX1BWB7M6MH


    https://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Techn...WRHVX1BWB7M6MH
    '94 Santa Monica Airlines 39" longboard, Indy 159s, Powell AT wheels
    '99 UZJ 100 with OME, 255 ST Max’s and factory locker.
    '14 Dodge 3500 6.7, 68RFE with Thurens, 5100s, 305/70-18 ST Maxxxxxs
    '17 Northern Lite 9-6 Q. Factory ordered to my spec.
    '74 Airstream International 29'

  6. #676
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Southwest Colorado
    Posts
    3,553
    Quote Originally Posted by redthies View Post
    I’ve mostly used CRLs residential stuff. Most of my automotive type glass work is rv related. Have you considered premade rv type sliders? I’ve linked a couple below. They come in a ton of different sizes and shapes. If they don’t float your boat, I can put you in touch with one of my journeyman glazier guys. He is just finishing a Hilux “expo-crawler” so would probably be keen to help a fellow Toyota guy get his build completed. He has done every aspect of glass before and will have 10x the insight I do.


    https://www.amazon.com/C-R-LAURENCE-...WRHVX1BWB7M6MH


    https://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Techn...WRHVX1BWB7M6MH
    Using RV/boat windows is high on my list. I am waiting on some more info and a quote from Motion Windows. They seem to be the go to place for custom windows. I have had quotes all over the place however from other places....1100....600....etc.

    The shape of the window is also a big factor. I don't really want a square/rectangle side window. I want it to look nice. I am willing to spend a bit of extra money for that.

    The rear windows ( I have a split rear window panel design ) can be anything. I just need to find the right size window. I'll look through the links to those RV places on amazon.

  7. #677
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    MT
    Posts
    144
    Wow, just finished the thread. Great job.

    I enjoy seeing your work and picking up your little tidbits here and there.
    99 TRD Tacoma

  8. #678
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Southwest Colorado
    Posts
    3,553
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnkid85 View Post
    Wow, just finished the thread. Great job.

    I enjoy seeing your work and picking up your little tidbits here and there.
    Thank you for watching!

  9. #679
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Southwest Colorado
    Posts
    3,553
    Mini-project tonight.....



    I had some scrap 1 x 3/4 aluminum bar stock that I turned into a battery hold down. I added a little lightness. Yes, I will trim the all-thread down.

  10. #680
    I bet you've got 6 or 8 hours into that battery box. Looks good.

Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •