Blender, My LX450/FZJ80 + FJ45esk + GM + Land Rover crazy concoction

Sal R.

HA! That coupling nut is an awesome idea. Adding that to my toolbox.

Keep 'em coming. Can't get this level of detail on IG.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Making the other fender.

Not much different. The only real difference is that I didn't have to work around a steering box.

1 of 5 parts I need to make on this side.

ericvs

Been following on Ista, but I like when you update here too. Understood that it isn't as easy for sure, but thanks for keeping this thread alive.
For the corner section behind the fender, what about some type of small storage area? I am not sure what you would put in there, but might be cool to have some stuff stashed there.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Daily progress....

Part 1 and 2 are now joined. Drilled out the mounting holes. Now the fender holds itself in place....

Now to finish off the 'bill' on the front corner....

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Been following on Ista, but I like when you update here too. Understood that it isn't as easy for sure, but thanks for keeping this thread alive.
For the corner section behind the fender, what about some type of small storage area? I am not sure what you would put in there, but might be cool to have some stuff stashed there.

Thanks for watching!

I think on the passenger side I will have the air filter box close to that space. On the drives side the master cylinder is pretty close.
Thank you for the idea though, I do think a storage area could be neat.
To a point I am just trying to pick my battles right now. I feel I could build in details for decades.

cj-10

This is some of the best Tech on this site and I look forward to the daily updates. I admire your metal working skills and attention to detail. Please keep the updates coming

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
This is some of the best Tech on this site and I look forward to the daily updates. I admire your metal working skills and attention to detail. Please keep the updates coming

Thank you much.

To all those watching. I appreciate questions and input. I don't like talking to myself THAT much.

Last edited:

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Today....

....I cut a big piece out of my fender and make a little piece to go back in.

Shop tip....

Spend extra time building something to hold the part where you need for tack welding. In this case I was able to use a small piece of angle iron with one leg cut down slightly. That allowed me to have a perfect 90 angle between the two parts.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Welp, another project within a project wrapped up....

I was able to get the rough fab done on the passenger front fender done. It was really nice out today so I was able pop the door open. That let me take a look from more than a few feet away!

Close up of the drivers side.

Close up of the passenger side.

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Looking great Brennan! I was in Silverton a few weeks back and somehow managed to keep from inviting myself to Durango for a firsthand look. The wife appreciated my restraint I'm sure.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Looking great Brennan! I was in Silverton a few weeks back and somehow managed to keep from inviting myself to Durango for a firsthand look. The wife appreciated my restraint I'm sure.

Thank you. It is finally starting to look like something which is always good.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
There were a few skeptics at first when you started hacking up the grill and bezel etc, but I think it still looks very much like a 40. Which is important to us Land Cruiser nerds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94