Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172

Thread: Blender, My LX450/FZJ80 + FJ45esk + GM + Land Rover crazy concoction

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf View Post
    Seems like this is taking forever but....
    Its almost been two years.......from cheap seats where we watch with awe, the fab skills of some of you, wondering if we could ever even develop a hundredth of your talents, its looking pretty good to me.

Though I have not commented I have been following with great interest the last couple of years. I sincerely think the efforts taken to share your build with us deficient in fabrication to the extreme, is simply great!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Its almost been two years.......from cheap seats where we watch with awe, the fab skills of some of you, wondering if we could ever even develop a hundredth of your talents, its looking pretty good to me.

Though I have not commented I have been following with great interest the last couple of years. I sincerely think the efforts taken to share your build with us deficient in fabrication to the extreme, is simply great!

Thanks!
    Thank you for watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post

Thanks!
    Your thoughts are echo'ed here as well.

Exciting to see this vehicle starting to morph closer into the shape of something road worthy. The lines are beautiful. Keep it up.
    2000 V10 Ford Excursion. V / B Spring Swap on 285/75R17 Toyo Open Country AT II's.

More big holes...

I was able to get the inner 'tongue' panel for the doors cut out for the matching window panel on both sides and do a test fit.

Now I need to figure out this panel adhesive thing and stick them together. Once that is done I can transfer the pin locations and work on making the mechanism that will hold them together. And a few more details....

Overall I am really digging how this door concept is coming together.

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf View Post
    Well darn, if they don't light up it isn't a big deal really. They are easy to find by touch without looking so far...

Yes. The tap shift thing is a bit interesting. There are a TON of things you can do with programming, but I think the stock control will be fine. There is suppose to be a 2nd gear start function ( maybe only in low? ) on my 2013 truck also. With low range and tow-haul options there are tons of options for different 'tables' you program how you want if you have the right software.
    The tap shift is pretty useful with a load or offroad, but otherwise, I don't seem to use it much. I bet there are as far as programming. I haven't noticed a 2nd/low function in mine, but it was early in the feature so it may have been added in later models. I prefer it over the shifting in my '04 4Runner, that shifter is not intuitive; whereas, I find the GM one to be a natural.
    Jack
    2007 2500hd, Max/Alli, Hawk FWC (the new explorer)
    Build thread: http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...07-Chevy-Build
    2006 Jeep LJ Rubicon-Sold
    1985 4Runner 22rte-Project...
    KE7NCK

I have used panel bond with mixed results. I am confident that it is great for bonding panels, but the failures I've had are most likely from me not knowing what I am doing. I think the failures have been from not scratching the surface properly, but OEM's use it on new metal, so ???

Another mistake I've made is not using enough of it. That was because I didn't want it oozing out of the seam and making a mess, but I learned a trick for that: use masking tape to outline the seam and if it oozes out, smooth it with your (gloved) finger, and then peel the tape off before it flashes. It is sand-able though so if you get it everywhere, it can be removed or shaped that way.

Do you have any body shop friends? Ask them how they do it?

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172