Vehicle-dependent-Expedition-Guide, Tom Sheppard

Thimba

Observer
sheppard.jpg

THE expedition BIBLE for the serious overlander!

This rare book is for sale at Amazon.co.uk for no less than 750 British pounds!

My copy is "as new", and after my year overlanding in Africa (and I didn't take the book with me, so it didn't suffer as much as the Land Rover did), I am selling it for just € 175 euro! EXCL. shipping costs.

Send me a PM for more info!

Cheers,

Gee

"A book to reflect – and implement – the new millennium spirit of adventure. The capability of competently driven 4x4s and the availability of satellite-sourced communications, navigation, images and emergency beacons dramatically widen the scope for modern voyages of discovery.
Detailed and very thorough in its approach to every conceivable aspect of vehicle-based expeditions, the book in its first edition won praise from armchair media critics but, far more importantly, accolades from actual users – the Amazon five-star reader reviews tell it all. Signposting within the book ensures easy access to just the information required. Headings, tables, line drawings and page side-note summaries together with copious photography give the overview when needed.
Clothing, equipment, and vehicles are covered; plus water filtration, shipping, fuels and oils, communications and comprehensive coverage of maps, navigation and driving.
READERSHIP: A book for the outdoor and adventure-oriented, 4x4 owners – private and professional – enthusiasts, university expedition groups, aid agencies, youth organisations, expatriates, military."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior