M1101 1102 thread for conversion to 12V and matching Land Cruiser spares

Tlucero31

I have the coyote tan color m1101. I see yours was the same before you had it sprayed with bed liner. Did the company that did that remove the carc or did you do all this stuff yourself. Trying to figure out the best way to go about removing the carc

JamesC

Adventurer
I have the coyote tan color m1101. I see yours was the same before you had it sprayed with bed liner. Did the company that did that remove the carc or did you do all this stuff yourself. Trying to figure out the best way to go about removing the carc
Hello,

I had it done at line-x after spending a ton of time on prep then with herculiner on some sliders that I didn't think came out as well as they should have. I cautioned them about the carc but they said they were familiar and their process was safe. Very happy with their results after these years. I think I only have one ding through the liner to the alu and only very minor staining and it sees a lot of use :)

jatatar

Hello,

I had it done at line-x after spending a ton of time on prep then with herculiner on some sliders that I didn't think came out as well as they should have. I cautioned them about the carc but they said they were familiar and their process was safe. Very happy with their results after these years. I think I only have one ding through the liner to the alu and only very minor staining and it sees a lot of use :)

Thanks so much for this write-up! Worked perfectly for my trailer.

Hi all! I have a 2006 LTT-Flatdeck chassis trailer and would like to do the hub and brake conversion. My trailer is supposedly the same trailer as the M1101/02. Can anyone confirm that the hub and brake parts listed here will work on the LTT-F? TIA for any info.

JamesC

Adventurer
Hi all! I have a 2006 LTT-Flatdeck chassis trailer and would like to do the hub and brake conversion. My trailer is supposedly the same trailer as the M1101/02. Can anyone confirm that the hub and brake parts listed here will work on the LTT-F? TIA for any info.

Hello! Looking at the LTT specs it uses the same HMMV wheels and tires as the M1101/2 and the same brake description: http://www.schuttindustries.com/Military/MILITARY-TRAILERS/LIGHT-TACTICAL/LTT-FLATDECK-EXTENDED as compared to the 1101/2: http://www.schuttindustries.com/Military/MILITARY-TRAILERS/LIGHT-TACTICAL/LTT-CARGO

Tire Size:
37 X 12.50R 16.5LT
Rim Size:
16.5 X 8.25 HMMWV standard 2-piece steel wheel
Brakes:
12 x 2 inch inertia-actuated hydraulic surge brake system. Independent hand-brake levers for left and right side parking brakes.

I'd say it's identical but those parts are easily returnable if not. Good luck!

Hello! Looking at the LTT specs it uses the same HMMV wheels and tires as the M1101/2 and the same brake description: http://www.schuttindustries.com/Military/MILITARY-TRAILERS/LIGHT-TACTICAL/LTT-FLATDECK-EXTENDED as compared to the 1101/2: http://www.schuttindustries.com/Military/MILITARY-TRAILERS/LIGHT-TACTICAL/LTT-CARGO

Tire Size:
37 X 12.50R 16.5LT
Rim Size:
16.5 X 8.25 HMMWV standard 2-piece steel wheel
Brakes:
12 x 2 inch inertia-actuated hydraulic surge brake system. Independent hand-brake levers for left and right side parking brakes.

I'd say it's identical but those parts are easily returnable if not. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply, once i had the wheel off and got the bearing numbers I called the Etrailers folks and they hooked me up with the hubs. For me it ended up being part number 8-201-5UC3 which matched my bearing sizes.

MtnBubba

Observer
I’m about to order a rack for my M1101 using 80/20 Extruded T-slot.

The inside of the bed is 86” long. I originally spec’d the rack out to be 81” long. Kind of a random number...

Is there a reason I should re-engineer it for the full length of the bed? Advantages/disadvantages?

I’m wondering what you all think?

Fberdine3

Great write up! Any idea of a hub to use if I wanted to remove all the brakes for my m1102? Want to make it match our sequoia also.

JamesC

Adventurer
@MtnBubba great idea for a rack. I always go bigger but this thing is so wide already..hard call.

@Fberdine3 sorry not sure about sequoia's but I'd call eTrailer and discuss it with them. FWIW even with the Land Cruiser's mass I really like having the brakes on the other end of the prodigy/tekonsha to smooth the ride when it's lightly loaded. As you may know it can get bouncy and squirrely being so light.

Maybe time for a new M1101 photo. ~45miles on the sand for a Padre Island National Seashore 9 day camp (note firewood and water over the axle).

1620396845861.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles