Enjoying the VUE

balexander87

Observer
Got out and explored a little in the Allegan State Game Area. Mostly well-groomed dirt, but a few of the "seasonal" roads were kinda rough. Nothing that was really that big of a deal; just a few holes with a little standing water in them, but still very fun and very scenic. Missed the peak colors, but we all really enjoyed the drive.

I'll definitely be heading back up here again to continue to explore around and do some camping.

This is about as close to a "poser" shot as I'm gonna get, haha

CyD5yXr.jpg

A few other shots on one of the "seasonal" roads.

eFqJ4mS.jpg

Pk4PYpu.jpg

Even managed to get a little dirty

d7bJ0Hg.jpg

Last edited:

balexander87

Observer
Hmmm... so this is interesting. The January 2017 OME Application Guide lists a lift spring for the 2006+ GM/Opel Captiva/Antara. 20mm/30mm front/rear. The VUE is the same platform, and the 3.2L in the Antara/Captiva is the same "high feature" engine architecture at the 3.6L, so weights should be similar.

This would help if I were to attempt to squeeze in a larger tire. The OME springs might make the ride a little more pleasant off the tarmac. The XR "sport" suspension is nice on the road, but it ain't meant for dirt!!

9e1372513ff28ae59c1b200b88e573a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
ha ha. Pop those springs on, and put a nice set of BFG ATs instant upgrade to expo + status..ha ha ha.

balexander87

Observer
This will be a cool build. What all are you thinking to do to this thing?

Thanks! Although, in comparison to many of the other awesome rigs on here, I would hardly consider this a "build"! Lol

At this point, the only thing I REALLY need to do is put gas in it and USE it!! Well, actually, I do need to address a power steering fluid leak... Other than that tho, it is a solid rig that I have yet to exceed the capabilities of, given my limited wandering. Just need to load up and get out!

Next round of tires will be some kind of light truck or all-terrain, primarily for improved snow traction without having to run two sets. This lift just entered my mind, so still toying with the idea; not sold yet, despite the ample encouragement :-D

That said, the springs have my brain wandering to crazy things like the custom suspension on the "rally VUE" above... who knows :) it is my DD right now, so can't get too crazy with it... not to say I wouldn't daily the heck out of that rally VUE!! Lol

Last edited:

kojackJKU

The rally is a lot of one off custom parts I would say. The springs from OME will make it take more cargo without squaking, and give that "little bit" of extra clearance under it. Same thing I am doing with my patriot.

balexander87

Observer
The rally is a lot of one off custom parts I would say. The springs from OME will make it take more cargo without squaking, and give that "little bit" of extra clearance under it. Same thing I am doing with my patriot.

Yeah. I figure ~1 inch suspension plus an inch in tire would be about all I'll get. I am curious on the spring rate tho. The current springs are pretty stiff. Hoping the OMEs would be a little softer to help the ride.

As far as custom one off parts, that's something I have an interest in getting into: custom vehicle fabrication. With my mech engineering background, I get most of the principles involved, it's mostly just the practical aspects I don't have familiarity with. Something like this would be a good learning project, but I'd need to be able to have the vehicle offline for a long time to get through it. Couldn't do that now, as it is my daily. Might pick up something cheap to drive while it is under the knife. Oh well. Maybe one day!

Last edited:

kojackJKU

ha ha. I had the JK unlimited, 2" teraflex lift with control arms etc. it is a big snowball....But with the patriot, everything comes with the lift whether it be from RRO, or elsewhere. Then your done. without MASSIVE custom fabrication. That's why I like it. pop on the inch or two lift, some bigger tires and drive the wheels off....no need to worry about whats next. There is NO next...it is done. When I had the JK, I was always looking at bigger, and bigger.......never ended. With the pat, I install the small lift and bigger tires...DONE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier