Paradise 2 Pavement

MT6bt

Rock hound
Let me know when you get to montana, I'll show ya around if you want

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Eric3187

Adventurer
How long are ya in the Denver area for? My brother Kyle (Keylay on here) told me about your trip, Im out in the downtown area if you care to grab a beer and talk travels as i did a 14k mile trip a couple years ago.

volcomsurfer

Adventurer
So I made it to Denver and stayed out in Louisville for a few days. Saw a couple of cool sights on the way into town.

IMG_2285_zpsvqyebnzj.jpg

IMG_2286_zpsaybqbdtp.jpg

IMG_2284_zps9apwsoq7.jpg

IMG_2283_zpsz0yqg02w.jpg

IMG_2281_zps6dpqovru.jpg

While I was there I went to Estes Park for a day and checked out The Stanley Hotel (Stephen King's inspiration for The Shining). It was a super nice place, my god! The bar was huge and had everything. Enjoyed some good company for a few drinks then headed to the local brewery for a bit.

IMG_2278_zpsu7qvu8f2.jpg

IMG_2279_zpsv1dzg6ut.jpg

IMG_2280_zpstvqurvzk.jpg

Stayed in Denver a night and went to Keystone for the day. First session of the season. Finally, the moment I've been working for. It was so much fun! I took it a bit easy to shake off the cobwebs, but still had a blast. Tigua's first time seeing real snow.

IMG_2291_zps8omubjg8.jpg

IMG_2297_zpsbvdav7sb.jpg

IMG_2294_zpspdh0iyuv.jpg

I had to keep going into Denver for stuff and each time I did, I resented it more and more. It's just too congested for my taste. So after spending one last night there to talk to an Espar rep about my heater, I headed back to the outskirts to Golden.

IMG_2288_zps6nfpwe6s.jpg

volcomsurfer

Adventurer
Went out to Red Rock for a bit. I missed the perfect lighting by like 15 minutes! I shouldn't have stopped for gas.

IMG_2305_zpsvrcffohp.jpg

The amphitheater was awesome! I really wanted to get some drone shots but it was like 70 mph winds. When Tigua and I were walking back to the van we were actually getting pushed back by it. A bit ridiculous to drive in with a 10' high van. This Florida boy doesn't really enjoy dropoff cliffs. I would love to see a concert here.

IMG_2306_zpsmwnttltw.jpg

GOPR0261_zpslf9jhst0.jpg

GOPR0262_zpsghazv3ai.jpg

GOPR0270_zpsuvgzbsil.jpg

GOPR0266_zpsa3vw5fd9.jpg

IMG_2311_zpslf0imnzr.jpg

IMG_2313_zpshu4rn1hd.jpg

IMG_2314_zps7jrzvlnd.jpg

After that I shot out to Dillon to get away from the city and closer to the mountains.

IMG_2289_zpsb31sa7ik.jpg

IMG_2290_zps6ptdb75z.jpg

The city of Dillon was pretty cool. I like small little snowboard towns. I headed out to Vail on Thursday. Wasn't crowded at all, but the US Open was there that weekend. It was pretty cool to see these guys hit the huge jumps in person. Some of those jumps are ************* massive. The snow was good. No ice patches and a little mash potato.

IMG_2296_zpsupenv64o.jpg

IMG_2319_zpsuegii801.jpg

IMG_2321_zps9h0mnhau.jpg

This guy in the parking lot had a sick rowing machine on the top of his van. Killer idea for some exercise.

IMG_2325_zpsgrlg04yn.jpg

volcomsurfer

Adventurer
So after Vail I headed out to Steamboat Springs to see a good friend from Antigua. You have to love the Caribbean hospitality.

IMG_2332_zpsc71ywwgr.jpg

Spent the night walking around town. It's basically one street and lined with stuff. It's quite awesome. I'm really digging this town. I'm really starting to get an idea of the type of places I like to live getting to see such a vast difference between each place I go. Yesterday we went snowshoeing up in the hills. Tigua's first time being in deep snow. He was hilarious, running around everywhere, eating it, chasing it. He did really good, didn't stray far at all and stayed in the trail about 10 feet in front of us. He was so tired after, slept ALL day ha. It was my first time snowshoeing. I really like exploring the back country like that. I'd have to have a snow mobile if I lived here though. That opens up a whole other world.

IMG_2333_zpsytpnaljs.jpg

GOPR0289_zpsrj79pibr.jpg

GOPR0291_zpsa6wll6w8.jpg

IMG_2360_zpswfjuvybk.jpg

IMG_2341_zpsna1nqcws.jpg

IMG_2361_zpsypn39ate.jpg

IMG_2364_zps6rzh4wps.jpg

IMG_2358_zpsxiwsgfbt.jpg

IMG_2350_zpshjcgpghz.jpg

So I'll be in Steamboat Springs until Monday, then I'm heading to Salt Lake City. We're going to the hot springs tonight and having elk for dinner.

NoDinero

Adventurer
Well, too bad I just came across this. Live outside of Dillon, ski pass for Keystone and A-Basin and snowshoe right outside my back door with a view to the Continental Divide. If you drop back down to I-70 you can drive through the awesome Glenwood Canyon and get a free dip at the South Canyon hot spring, exit 111?

volcomsurfer

Adventurer
nice thanks. gonna be heading back towards pueblo in a couple weeks to pick the dirtbike back up and head to moab. I'll check it out. thanks.

volcomsurfer

Adventurer
Update #5 Northern Utah

So I met a fellow vanner on main street Steamboat Springs. Shot the **** for a bit.

IMG_2368_zpsuybwsmcx.jpg

It was really nice waking up to this every morning. The hospitality of the people along this trip has been unbelievable.

IMG_2373_zpsey6r09vd.jpg

I was kind of anxious to get to SLC to board, but it just kept on dumping. If I've learned anything from surfing, it's ride it while it's there.

IMG_2384_zpswswvuje9.jpg

IMG_2385_zpshga8ll0m.jpg

So I eventually made my way out to Salt Lake City....

IMG_2387_zpsbapqnzl1.jpg

IMG_2388_zpsqm0ptfml.jpg

I pick my friends up from Antigua at the airport at night and make our way to Park City. The next morning we wake up to snow falling, which is always an awesome sight to wake up to. We heading up to PC to get our first runs of Utah in.

GOPR0293_zpslfidvkub.jpg

IMG_2391_zpsydujijhh.jpg

IMG_2392_zpspcletbcy.jpg

IMG_2395_zpsekzxpisz.jpg

IMG_2396_zpshc3iy4ng.jpg

Spring time on the mountain is amazing. A couple days we rode in just t-shirts. It was awesome!

IMG_2414_zpsdzcqa1zt.jpg

They brought me a gift too. Tigua loved it.

IMG_2425_zpsq7asjxwg.jpg

volcomsurfer

Adventurer
We made our way into town each night and proceeded to make a name for ourselves. It was just wake up, board, drink, sleep... One of the sickest stops while they were here was to High West which is a distillery and restaurant. We got there right when the upper bar opened and then they offered us the private lounge area for lunch. Killer time, awesome staff, great whiskey.

IMG_2428_zpsinfblf2c.jpg

Saw a Banksy and a license plate map that was at no name saloon.

IMG_2430_zps1mni7cxj.jpg

IMG_2415_zpstotgh7pu.jpg

Once they left I had an old college friend, the one that I stayed with in OKC, come out to board a bit. We splurged and got an AirBnB in Cottonwood Heights. The place was perfect!

IMG_2466_zpsqjs9slsx.jpg

The view out the window

IMG_2459_zpsignqmhtv.jpg

From the driveway...

IMG_2461_zpsvzafjddl.jpg

They had a map for the guest to pin their hometown, I used it to kind of plot my next course.

IMG_2463_zps8xkomouo.jpg

We mostly took video of us riding, all of the pics are of us going to and from the mountains. This is the day we went to Powder Mountain. Oh boy did it live up to it's name. We were like the 2nd group of people to get into powder country when it opened. Perfect timing. Unbelievable how much fun that backcountry is. On the way home we managed to find a sign for a beach. Of course we had to check it out.

IMG_2469_zpswl4rqehn.jpg

IMG_2471_zpse4ifb7ul.jpg

IMG_2473_zpsnl3oreqi.jpg

The drive home had some amazing views. My cellphone doesn't do it any justice. Maybe one day I'll get a real camera.

IMG_2474_zpsezrgq6mg.jpg

IMG_2479_zpsmhfb9a4q.jpg

IMG_2480_zpsqmumyslx.jpg

IMG_2482_zpsxrkhkum1.jpg

IMG_2484_zpsndz3s4yg.jpg

IMG_2486_zpsylmtrmdq.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste