Paradise 2 Pavement

volcomsurfer

Adventurer
At this point, my buddy had about 8 friends from Florida coming into town. We stayed right next to Park City which was an amazing location. Free bus stop right in front of the condo. Couldn't ask for more. Same situation as with my Antiguan friends; board, drink, sleep; just way more since there was 10 of us.

45_zpsrmj5izkt.jpg

46_zpslkgksxmf.jpg

66_zpsumrktqjt.jpg

We went to Canyons first. Did a hike to a peak that sucked for me. I was sore from boarding non-stop and it's their first day out so they flew up the hike lol. They knew my pain on the second day. The hike was amazing though.

67_zpsudcbup3p.jpg

5_zpsg43qo2bk.jpg

7_zpsvfd8w5gs.jpg

8_zpssbnyyp3o.jpg

9_zpsq9hokhig.jpg

14_zpsiwqjydm2.jpg

15_zpsjwgsmrp0.jpg

17_zpssifsgl9p.jpg

18_zpsofn9vow9.jpg

Well the next day was pondskimming at Park City. I needed the day off so I drank while they rode a bit. Then the event started.

IMG_2500_zpsy1kwd6dm.jpg

IMG_2501_zpsd4kyy7mw.jpg

IMG_2503_zpsdzzkb4xs.jpg

IMG_2504_zps1cenhlx5.jpg

IMG_2507_zpsqpwsrfk4.jpg

IMG_2508_zpsp9mik0lj.jpg

Of course you gotta dress up for pondskimming day lol

27_zpsuzax8qnc.jpg

And if you're gonna look like that, you better drink lol

33_zpsbhytotyf.jpg

What a solid crew these guys are. We had a blast that day.

35_zps5puwoqw6.jpg

44_zpskqbjlumk.jpg

volcomsurfer

Adventurer
We went to High West again one night, which proceeded to get outta hand.

63_zpsmaihpc2t.jpg

Saw a couple more Banksy's

IMG_2514_zpsomlohkjn.jpg

IMG_2518_zpshojyvnjg.jpg

So my buddy bought some jackets while on main street. I have these firecracker things that you tie the string ends to something and when it's pulled apart it goes off. So here I am trying to prank him in the bus on the way home.

65_zpsfgas6h10.jpg

I got the guys to ask him to see the jackets and he proceeded to pull the jackets out of the bag without the firecracker going off. I was pissed, awe must have been a dud. So it was the day he had to leave and we were at the dog park letting the dog run around while he was packing all of his stuff around the van. I hear *bang* HA! gottem! But that wasn't the last of it. I dropped him off at the airport and I get a text about an hour later.

1a8441b3-0a94-4980-9f22-55bb852e8f7f_zpszefybhep.png

So everyone left and I was about to start heading back to Pueblo, CO to pick up the dirtbike. However it dumped again. I went back to PC for day and I'm hanging out in SLC until Saturday morning. I'll go to steamboat springs again for the weekend, then over to pikes peak, before proceeding to Dillon to hopefully catch the last bit of snow before I head to the desert. My last day a Park City was fun as hell. I've been here almost 3 weeks now and I know this area like the back of my hand. Still seeking out pow. ;) All my tracks on the right.

IMG_2527_zpsz4rlg0l4.jpg

Saw this cool fence and these bad boys yesterday too.

IMG_2521_zpsvloljo5m.jpg

IMG_2531_zps48isay1p.jpg

So that's it for now. Catch ya again in a few.

sixstringsteve

Explorer
Powder mountain is great! I love that resort. Man, if I didn't already have plans tonight I'd swing over and join you guys. Have fun.

NoDinero

Adventurer
We are getting slammed here in Dillon, CO. I rode (4) ten inch days last week and (2) six inch days this week. Yes, 53 inches in ten days at Keystone and had the mountain almost to ourselves on Wednesday when DIA and I-70 were closed. :)

volcomsurfer

Adventurer
Went out to Unita Forest and hiked out to the springs the other day. The hike was about an hour and a half. When we got there, there was just a few people there. As we were leaving we were passing group after group of teens going out there. Saw a few people camping out there too. In retrospect I would've went out there for a night and camped. Seemed like a really cool, peaceful area.

GOPR0326_zpsbcmpveiw.jpg

GOPR0334_zpst5kfzikr.jpg

GOPR0343_zpsrjoru9ej.jpg

GOPR0353_zpshgufpb66.jpg

GOPR0360_zpspu3wkrpz.jpg

GOPR0366_zpsj2gf7rxx.jpg

GOPR0378_zpsqdyqqenk.jpg

GOPR0381_zpshqrz0xee.jpg

GOPR0387_zpsfgfhnrkj.jpg

GOPR0393_zpsdujqpeeg.jpg

So that's the bottom part of the springs. For other peoples privacy, I stopped taking pics at this point. You're just gonna have to go check it out yourselves. ;)

sixstringsteve

Explorer
I'm impressed that you're finding so many great local spots to check out. Diamond Fork hot springs are great. How much longer are you going to be in Utah?

volcomsurfer

Adventurer
Well I keep trying to leave, but it keeps snowing lol. Going to powder mountain to try and hit powder country once more, then off to Dillon by the weekend. Maybe get the last of it, then onward to get the bike. I'm kind of dying to get out in the heat and rip some trails. I wanna get to moab noooow!

NoDinero

Adventurer
Looks like I may need to give you a tour of Dillon and Summit County. I will shoot you a PM - look for messages up in your right-hand corner.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Well Volcom, I dont know why I have never seen your thread before. All I can say is WOW:Wow1: what a blast! I love your thread because it has so many pictures. It makes me feel like I am right there experiencing your adventure. I also see you are sporting a Whistler Volcom tshirt. I grew up in Vancouver and we would always make trips to Whistler as well as enjoying the local mountains like Cypress and Seymour. If you are ever in the Vancouver area in Canada during the summer it would be cool to meet you and hear about your adventures. Looking forward to more posts, Cheers Chilli...:)

Happykamper

Explorer
Buddy I can't tell you how jealous I am. If your coming through Sacramento area. You can park at my place in Roseville .
Get a home cooked meal.
Mike

volcomsurfer

Adventurer
Thanks guys. I've been on the go non-stop since I left trying to get in all the boarding I could. I'm heading towards the desert now and should have tons of time to just relax and get more organized. I need to make a little log with invites and where people are at. I should be near vancouver area next summer (2017) and sacramento a bit earlier. Thanks for all the kind words. Heading up to pikes peak now.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys. I've been on the go non-stop since I left trying to get in all the boarding I could. I'm heading towards the desert now and should have tons of time to just relax and get more organized. I need to make a little log with invites and where people are at. I should be near vancouver area next summer (2017) and sacramento a bit earlier. Thanks for all the kind words. Heading up to pikes peak now.

Ok Mr Volcom you have a standing invite every summer in the Vancouver area and beyond. Just get your backside up here and we will put you behind the wheel of a vehicle... Cheers, Chilli..:costumed-smiley-007

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Enjoying the pictures. Got a question as I travel with two dogs. What do you do when you go places that don't allow them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste