Where are people finding the Military Trailers your building?

timlaw71

Craigslist for mine but you need to look outside your local area. I traveled 4 hours away for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Crow

Although too far away for you, I happen to have one for sale. It is listed on FJ Cruiser Community Forum. I have not listed it on Craigslist yet.

4runnerteq

Explorer
Just keep looking and waiting. I searched for 2 or 3 years and one turned up less than 2 miles from my house. Trailer, pintle hitch & 1 spare wheel/tire $400.

lacofdfireman

Adventurer
I'll definitely keep searching. In the Meantime though is there any other good platforms for building an off-road trailer? I've seen some Harbor Freight builds but not sure I want something that cheap. It would be a lot lighter though.

Scrapdaddy

Adventurer
I've bought 6 of them so far and all at auction through Government Liquidation. Priced from $210 to 350 and I try to win 2 at a time, it's cheaper. Yes, I have to travel some, usually a days drive. I have a flatbed truck and put one on the bed and tow the other. All part of the adventure!

Jarred

I got my M1102 from Sacramento Craigslist and was able to register it as is with DMV no problems (amazingly...).

lacofdfireman

Adventurer
Anyone see any issues pulling one of these with a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 4.0 motor. These trailers just seem so heavy. Also does everyone end up replacing the axle to fit the same wheels and tires you run on your vehicle?

4lowdean

Observer
I see them on Craigslist from time to time, there are also a few Military Surplus stores that carry them. Luckily I got my from someone in my off road club, so I got lucky.

lacofdfireman

Adventurer
Stopped by a GovPlanet yard in Yermo Ca to see what they had. I must be looking at the wrong thing because these trailers must weight 2k unloaded. Which trailers are these I saw? Can't be the same ones your pulling.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456428699.634022.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456428717.625620.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456428731.565377.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456428747.841591.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrapdaddy

Adventurer
The top ones are 105s, they tow behind a 2 1/2 ton M35. I pulled two with my one ton, one on the bed and towed the other. You really should figure out what model you want. They go from 1/4 ton on up. I think you're wanting the M101 series, which are 3/4 ton models. I would think your jeep could handle the M101, but in stock form the hitch sits up too high for your jeep. You would need to modify the tongue and or your jeeps hitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior