Xpedition Camper out of Minnesota

Hoefler

Supporting Sponsor: Haf Xpedition Camper
Right now they are not. The tanks are 5" tall. The frame they are in is 6" tall, leaving 1" for insulation at bottom of tanks. I have an Espar hydronic water heater. There is enough room to run the pipping along side the tanks or in a wirsbo array to keep tanks and floor warm. The Espar is a low energy solution to keeping tanks from freezing.
Pete

Hoefler

Supporting Sponsor: Haf Xpedition Camper
Slowly starting to look like a camper. We have made the furniture modular. Here we have a kitchen module that contains the fridge, sink and stove. The space underneath this module is reserved for outdoor kitchen stuff.
Pete

Attachments

• kitchenassy-1.jpg
    kitchenassy-1.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 98
  • kitchenassy-2.jpg
    kitchenassy-2.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 101

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Slowly starting to look like a camper. We have made the furniture modular. Here we have a kitchen module that contains the fridge, sink and stove. The space underneath this module is reserved for outdoor kitchen stuff.
Pete

Nice looking Pete. Which Isotherm have you gone with here; 85L Elegance or 130L Elegance?

HowardH

Adventurer
Looking really good Pete, I think the modular approach is a good idea. I also like how you're mixing wood and metal.

Definitely going to check this out in Flagstaff.
I was able to spend time looking at this camper in Flagstaff over the weekend. Pete was very generous with his time and my questions. My initial impression was that the design and execution are really sound. Intangible, but very important, Pete seems like good people. I'd not consider a six figure purchase if I did not get that feeling. He indicated he hopes to be in production a year from now. Pricing seems like it will be pretty comparable to a fully custom Sprinter, for a much more robust platform and with ability to move camper and flatbed to another truck if you get a lemon or the truck wears out. We're still trying to decide what platform to use for a planned 2020 summer-long trip; this one will get more scrutiny. I'd certainly be interested to hear first hand opinions from anyone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles