She's a quirky little VixenRV

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I haven't seen one of these before, running on biodiesel and with the side lifting roof.

Parked next to an F250, its smaller than I would have expected. One of only 376 made. A little fun Friday afternoon find from your friends at Craigslist -

FrontRSide.jpg

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
They run on a 2.4l BMW turbodiesel (which was found in the 524td and I believe a Cadillac). The amazing thing is they're so aerodynamic that they have roughly the same performance numbers as the BMW!

robert

Expedition Leader
The mechanic up the road from me has an employee with one of those. I've never paid much attention to it but it is kinda cool looking.

HINO SG

Adventurer
engine applications

it was a Lincoln model that used this 2.4 BMW td as well. Can't remember exact years (mid 80's) and I don't recall ever having seen one in real life
(and I watch for that kind of thing pretty closely) so there must not have been many sold.

VikingVince

Explorer
hmmm...interesting...glad you posted that, KC...I've been following motorhomes for a number of years and didn't know about those. Maybe stupid question but: So it runs ONLY on biodiesel or petroleum or can you put diesel in it? When they say "petroluem", do they mean diesel?

Last edited:

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
yah, it's a typo...

Diesel = petro based diesel fuel
Biodiesel = vegetable oil based diesel (performance, etc = identical to Diesel)
WVO/SVO = straight/waste veggie oil = canola oil running a diesel engine (needs to be heated up, and some argue that you lose up to 5% hp)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles