New to me Outfitter Juno

nobueno

I've been looking for an Outfitter Juno 10 and finally lucked out. Found a used 4 month old 2015 significantly discounted.

crB05wM.jpg height=480 width=640

First, the good. The price. It was fairly dirty and well used in the 4 months the guy had it but it cleaned up nicely:

08Q71IC.jpg height=480 width=640

lkqhSoZ.jpgheight=480 width=640

EGTyYzE.jpg height=480 width=640

Bo4ghRa.jpg height=480 width=640

SyAccHR.jpg height=480 width=640

bQHD9wI.jpg height=480 width=640

H0T2cPr.jpg height=480 width=640

pMgD2rR.jpg height=680 width=480

aNFvanU.jpg height=680 width=480

eywbr8b.jpg height=480 width=640

5YUlPKg.jpg height=680 width=480

T0hVIio.jpg height=480 width=640

The extras he had installed: 300w solar, 2000w inverter, yakima racks, a/c, hide a bed, oven, 10' awning, all led lights, extra cabinet, 2 four gallon locking rotopax, outside speakers and outlets and a few others I'm probably forgetting. 430ah of battery life. 50gal of water capacity including water heater. The tent room was a must for our St Bernard:

hii45Xq.jpg height=480 width=640

or two

PJP8C7r.jpg height=480 width=640

or three

SfDC0jq.jpg height=480 width=640

I love how they store the batteries. In our last camper they were on the outside of the camper and the temps would fluctuate too much. Outfitters system is much better. Stored under the dinette in a compartment vented to the outside. I was also glad to see they used 2/0 wire.

6r6xgpg.jpg height=480 width=640

YYmYd48.jpg height=480 width=640

The new construction is also nice. Molded sides from cabover to the back door where it meets up with the back section. You can see the seam here:

jqB9ecM.jpg height=480 width=640

No seams along the rest of the camper:

RbuDz71.jpg height=480 width=640

o5WmWCq.jpg height=480 width=640

The bad. He bumped a jack on a tree and caused a little damage to it. it was repaired at a shop and appears to be fine. I talked with the guys at Outfitter and they said that jack is backed by a steel plate so it shouldn't have caused any issues and worst case scenario, they could replace that panel for $500. He camped by the ocean and stored it by the ocean. There is quite a bit of rust in a few places already. Nothing too concerning but I hate rust. I'll just have to remove rust and repaint. Pics of jack damage and rust:

KUR0uDV.jpg height=680 width=480

UNa6cV1.jpg height=680 width=480

2TyFWF0.jpg height=480 width=640

jack back on

2PuQEiH.jpg height=640 width=480

He also had them add a spare tire mount on the roof but decided it was too heavy. I'll likely just remove it and seal up the holes. It's a big steel bracket that spans the width of the roof.

Only camped one night so far on my drive back to CO. It was windy but the walls didn't shake at all which i was happy about. I drove back in 40mph winds gusting to 60 almost the whole drive. It handled the wind better than I expected. It's nice to be able to access the dinette, oven and bathroom with the top down as well. We'll have it up in the mountains soon and I'll report back with more as well as an official weight once I get to the scales.

Nice list of options. You're gonna be loving that unit this summer! Did the seller mention why they were selling it??

nobueno

Nice list of options. You're gonna be loving that unit this summer! Did the seller mention why they were selling it??
We plan on loving it in the winter too.

He wanted to full-time in it in the northeast and it wasn't working out. He's going to buy a big hard side and needed the cash. Apparently it's harder to sell pop-ups back east. I'm only a 25min drive from outfitter so it seemed like a no brainier for me.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Any news? Good or bad, looks like you got a good deal, I also recently purchased one but it was an Apex 8. For the dog reason I liked the Juno, but could not pass the deal I found.

nobueno

Wanted to check in and see how everything is working with the Outfitter Juno... Impressions, etc
Really like the idea of this especially with two kids

Sorry I'm a year late, but better late than never I guess. We love the camper and have no real complaints. I'll give some impressions but let me know if you have any specific questions.

+ Never have much condensation buildup. We live in CO so it's dry but we camp a lot during the winter with three people and two St Bernards so there is plenty of moisture being created.
+ We can easily sustain 60-65 degrees inside with no trouble even in single digits and high winds.
+ Absolutely no flapping from the soft walls or tent room.
+ Rides very well for it's size.
+ Hide-a-bed drawer works perfect for ski storage during the winter.
+ No frozen pipes even though we've used the water system in -5 degree weather.

- One propane line, from the tank to the regulator, started to leak because they're bent at a fairly sharp angle.
- Outside speakers sound terrible but we never use them so not a big loss to me.
- Battery life seems to be fading a bit but that's to be expected with 3 year old batteries. It was still enough to run the heat for 3 days in cold weather on the shortest days of the year when it was cloudy the majority of the trip.
- Dogs managed to roll out of the tent room one rainy night. Outfitter repaired and reinforced it for free and said they'd never had that happen. Can't say I fault them though. Our dogs weigh 165lbs and like to roll into the walls and sleep against them. Haven't had a problem since the repair.

A WANDERER

Sorry I'm a year late, but better late than never I guess. We love the camper and have no real complaints. I'll give some impressions but let me know if you have any specific questions.

• Never have much condensation buildup. We live in CO so it's dry but we camp a lot during the winter with three people and two St Bernards so there is plenty of moisture being created.
  • We can easily sustain 60-65 degrees inside with no trouble even in single digits and high winds.
  • Absolutely no flapping from the soft walls or tent room.
  • Rides very well for it's size.
  • Hide-a-bed drawer works perfect for ski storage during the winter.
  • No frozen pipes even though we've used the water system in -5 degree weather.

• One propane line, from the tank to the regulator, started to leak because they're bent at a fairly sharp angle.
  • Outside speakers sound terrible but we never use them so not a big loss to me.
  • Battery life seems to be fading a bit but that's to be expected with 3 year old batteries. It was still enough to run the heat for 3 days in cold weather on the shortest days of the year when it was cloudy the majority of the trip.
  • Dogs managed to roll out of the tent room one rainy night. Outfitter repaired and reinforced it for free and said they'd never had that happen. Can't say I fault them though. Our dogs weigh 165lbs and like to roll into the walls and sleep against them. Haven't had a problem since the repair.
Morning 'Nobueno', There are a few Outfitter campers here. I think we should plan some trips here in Colorado soon. I'm new here and trying to update my profile. 2017 F350 and Apex 8 like 'Yettis".

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_159b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_159b.jpeg
    916.4 KB · Views: 39

Ripit

Nice find. Long time Outfitter here. I haven’t camped in a few years but about to get at it again. Cleaning and fixing up the Apex 8 now. Will be back on to road soon.

Attachments

• CBDB16EF-94CB-4994-ACAD-F067C7557930.jpeg
    CBDB16EF-94CB-4994-ACAD-F067C7557930.jpeg
    723.9 KB · Views: 36

Mingo

Thanks for the follow up on the camper. Glad to hear outfitter stands behind their products the way they did. Hopefully the acquisition continues on those values and brings more innovation to their brand. We went full circle from wanting to go the truck camper route, almost pulling the trigger on a van build and now back to planning for a truck camper. The lust of overlanding dissuaded us from going the camper van route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke