Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: NW ExPo members, say hello here!

Default NW ExPo members, say hello here!

Post up that you are in the area, where you live (don't need to be specific) and what your favorite local exploration area is.
    Scott Brady
    Instagram - @globaloverland

Overland Journal
    G-Wagen | Defender 110 | Land Cruiser BJ74 | Moto Guzzi V7

Springfield, Oregon here, we have three months left. We love the Astoria area, the Gorge, and the Bend area.

SE Idaho here.

We love the Yellowstone area, the Owyhees (in SW ID), Island Park area...all ALL places in between

What can we say...Idaho is a GREAT state.

See our Idaho specific thread here...
    http://expeditionportal.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=15503
    Patrick "Bear" B.
    '16 AEV Brute Double Cab Ute Rubicon
    '04 Land Rover Defender 110 - SOLD
    '06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - SOLD
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Living-Upside-Down/120381754673864

Hood River, Oregon...

On the banks of the Columbia River, and at the Base of Mt. Hood.

Favorite local spots include Indian Heaven Wilderness Area,the Gifford Pinchot NF, North Cascades National Park, and right here at home in the Hood.

Thank you for making this section Scott!! Where did you get such a great Idea?

Boise Idaho here, love the Owyhee area in SW Idaho, and anything between Boise/Salmon/Ketchum triangle. We are doing an over nighter down in the Owyhees this weekend and camping at Deadwood Res. on my birthday. I love the variety that this state offers!

I am originally from Eugene OR, so I can honestly say there isn't a more beautiful place on earth than the Willamette Valley from the Cascades to the Coastal range and onto the beach in Oregon. But I am growing to love Idaho as well.

Seattle here. Game for anything.
    This thread is about how snobby and elitist ExPo has become, not about EE's forum. Please stay on topic while bashing this forum on this forum.

Thanks for the addition of this forum Scott! Just this morning I was thinking this would be a good idea!

Portland here, though I would prefer to be in either the Malheur or Ochoco National forests.

-Bill
    Alcan 5000 Winter Rally.
    Oregon National Forests: 2007, 2012.
    Valsetz, OR.

Gig Harbor, WA (originally from Morenci, AZ)
    Gig Harbor (near Tacoma), WA. We like to travel the Cascade mountains. Anywhere on the east side is 1st choice, or the west side in the summer (dry).

Brian

2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport, 3" OME lift, 255/75R17 Goodyears, Super Sliders, communications, GPS, Black Widow roof basket, Truck Vault, 400 watt inverter, Scion stereo with iPod cable. 2009 Roadtrek 190 with 5" lift.

kcowyo is offline Expedition Portal Moderator ExPo Original
    Lander, Wyoming. At the southeastern edge of the northwest corner of the state.

My favorite area to roam around this region is Yellowstone country; NW Wyoming, SW Montana and SE Idaho. Cody, Ennis, MT Stanley, ID and Bear Lake are some of my favorite getaways.

I also love the Oregon coast and I get out there to visit family near Tillamook, whenever possible. Coos Bay & Bandon are my favorite towns on the southern coast.

I once drove over the Cascades, took the ferry from Whidbey Island to Port Townsend and drove out to Neah Bay in Washington, the western most point in the lower 48. What a diverse state. Absolutely spectacular.

Were we supposed to name just one favorite area? Because I can't do that in this region....
    '97 Toyota T100 - some stuff and some stories....
    '89 Toyota FJ62 - fractal cruising

currently listening to - Michael Kiwanuka "Home Again"
    recommended reading - Dead Run by Dan Schultz

Ontario, Oregon- As far as you can go east and still be in Oregon

Spend most of my time in the Owyhees and South West Idaho
    "Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-mechanic from Mad Max-
    If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
    - BLT Offroad KE7CSK

Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast