Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any running the new MotoZ Tractionator Adventure tires?

They are going on my new Versys X as soon as it gets in my stable! looks like a perfect tire for me!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtnadvil View Post
    Hey Greg, this is John, I bought your wifes Sherpa a few years ago. Anyways I am running the tractionator on my dirt rims on the DRZ 400.
    I like them as far as wear, stability, wet and dry traction. Ive ridden them in Baja, North Nevada and Moab and all over the golden state. Predictable. I see that prices vary on these tires so when its time to buy I have a couple of choices for stiff sidewall tires. Tires I like in a rear are Maxxis Desert IT, 606, Tractionator.All three are tuff and wear well and have similar characteristics. The Tractionator front is good but it seems that nothing beats a MT21 on the front. As a side note, I was able to stuff a 18/ 140 on to the rear wheel on the DRZ. I am running these with the Neutech Tubeless system. I usually run 14 Lbs in the rear and 16 front on soft terrain.
    Hey John! Sounds like you have the right combo figured out!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtnadvil View Post
    As far as tire life, My dirt rides are usually about 1000 miles. Most tires are half way done at 1000. If I was going on another big ride right away I would put new tires on. If not I find that the tires are good for several day rides with friends and I usually wait till the big rides to put new tires on. So including the day rides I would expect 2000 miles of life for the rear. My bike is usually loaded with bags and gear plus my fat ***. The Terain is some paved and a lot of jeep and mining roads.
    I'm hoping for more miles out of my rear Tractionator with my KTM 990 Adventure... we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by kojackJKU View Post
    They are going on my new Versys X as soon as it gets in my stable! looks like a perfect tire for me!
    The guys on ADVRider.com (and in my experience) are saying that the front tire grabs cracks, grooves, etc on the road and makes it somewhat spooky to ride. I'm going back to a TKC80 in the front, with the rear Tractionator Adventure.
    Baja is Beautiful!

My Jeep JKU Overland build
    ['12 Jeep Wrangler JKUR | Automatic | 3" TeraFlex Outback Suspension, Alpine long arms, Falcon shocks | 35" BFG KO2's | Warn Zeon 8 | Truck-Lite Headlights and Rigid D2's]

Thats a good looking tire....
    2011 Dodge 2500 Cummins 6 spd Mega Cab
    2014 Palomino Pop Up
    1996 LX450
    1976 FJ40 LS3 480hp 376/TH400/Atlas/4 Link/SOA...complete frame off build on Mud http://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series...uild-post.html

Greg, I was just reading the same thing.....Kenda big blocks are going on my new steed. I had them on my KLR and LOVED THEM!

dirtnadvil I am considering the same set up on my DRZ, 140 Tractioanator ADV and Tubliss. Hos's it working for you? Any chance you can post a pic of that 140 on your DRZ? Also, any one else that has experience with this tire on a small bike I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

Default Motoz now on two of my bikes

I just put Motoz Tractionators on my KLR and they seem to do very well. The front does follow cracks a bit but no more than the TKC does. On my KLX 400, I put on the Motoz Desert HT but have not done enough riding to have a decision yet. One thing for sure, they do a lot better when riding slab to a trail than my Kenda Track Masters did. I will have a better opinion in a month.
    Mikey
    PAVEMENT Another example of needless government spending.

I think mine was out of round, so I took it off after about 600 miles.
    Matthew Scott
    MAXTRAX
    '16 Ford F250 | Montessa Cota 315R | Beta 525RR | KTM 950 Adventure

I'd be interested in seeing how long they last. I've had good luck running the K60 f&r on my KTM 950. They last a looooong time even beating the hell out of them. I do say though they require a bit of a pressure drop to do well off road, I drop em to about 27 to inspire any confidence in the dirt. I carry an electric pump for when I hit the tarmac again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12