275/70/18 on LR3

spikemd

Explorer
Look awesome! I put on a set of 265/65 r18s AT KO2s on the LR3 in January. Best AT tire on the market and a nice improvement over the past generation. If you drop to bump stops, can you drive the truck?

pgoodrich

Observer
Look awesome! I put on a set of 265/65 r18s AT KO2s on the LR3 in January. Best AT tire on the market and a nice improvement over the past generation. If you drop to bump stops, can you drive the truck?

No it will rip out the fender liners and then some. I will look into the SYA from lucky 8, but don't like the location of the limiting straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avslash

Observer
I just fitted 275/65r18 KO2s to my 2012 LR4.

It is extensively modified, but I'm still getting a tiny bit of rubbing at just under full lock. Interestingly, the rub goes away when at full lock. I plan on driving for a week or two and then crawling under there to see where the shiny spots are, and then determine if a bit more welding or cutting is in order.

I'm running the TR sliders, and they look to be the limiting factor now in going above 275/65r18, at least on an LR4 running LR3 wheels and spacers. They wrap up under the wheel well, and protrude a bit in an area where the factory rocker panels did not. I'm not looking to cut on those, as it looks like some pretty intensive fab work would be required to make it work.

I expect you will love that bumper. I have been pleased with all the TR gear I have hung on mine. Come to think of it, I think I have everything they currently make for a LR4 on mine.

colb45

Observer
Love the bumpers, next is just pulling the trigger on getting one :drool:

Silly question, with the bumpers on have you noticed fuel economy drop (not that we buy a LR to do 60mpgs..), Just curious when I put my voyager rack on, 50" light bar and 265/65-18 i saw a bit of a hit to the fuel economy, but not end of the world.

Avslash

Observer
Just in case anyone is interested, I just completely deflated the EAS using my IID tool.

It still rolls, but just barely. It rubs on the body colored fender trim, so in an actual breakdown, I would probably just pull those off and toss them in the back.

Pretty happy it was still mobile. I have a set of the SYA spacers in the garage, but I have hesitated to put them on after reading the thread here. I think for now, they will stay in the box.

Given that I have the IID and the GOE EAS Emergency kit, short of an actual blown air bag, I should be able to make forward progress.

pgoodrich

Observer
Just in case anyone is interested, I just completely deflated the EAS using my IID tool.

It still rolls, but just barely. It rubs on the body colored fender trim, so in an actual breakdown, I would probably just pull those off and toss them in the back.

Pretty happy it was still mobile. I have a set of the SYA spacers in the garage, but I have hesitated to put them on after reading the thread here. I think for now, they will stay in the box.

Given that I have the IID and the GOE EAS Emergency kit, short of an actual blown air bag, I should be able to make forward progress.

What is the GOE EAS Emergency Kit? I would be interested in this. Any pics of your LR4?

zelatore

Explorer
I'm running the same size in a Cooper STT Pro MT tire with Johnson Rods (2.5" lift). I didn't do any additional trimming beyond what I had already done for the 275/65-18 Duratracs I was running before. And yes, should I drop it to the bumpstops I'm going to be stuck. I have the Lucky8 bumpstop extension kit but removed it - I'll probably re-install it or build something else custom once I sort out a better limit strap arrangement.

Do you have any contact between the sidewall and the upper A-arm in the front? I get just a tiny rub on some of the sidewall lugs when I turn to full lock. You can't see/hear it, but visually you can see it just touches. I'm wondering if the KO2s, being an AT instead of an MT, might be that tiny bit narrower at the shoulder.

Off-road height-

pgoodrich

Observer
I'm running the same size in a Cooper STT Pro MT tire with Johnson Rods (2.5" lift). I didn't do any additional trimming beyond what I had already done for the 275/65-18 Duratracs I was running before. And yes, should I drop it to the bumpstops I'm going to be stuck. I have the Lucky8 bumpstop extension kit but removed it - I'll probably re-install it or build something else custom once I sort out a better limit strap arrangement.

Do you have any contact between the sidewall and the upper A-arm in the front? I get just a tiny rub on some of the sidewall lugs when I turn to full lock. You can't see/hear it, but visually you can see it just touches. I'm wondering if the KO2s, being an AT instead of an MT, might be that tiny bit narrower at the shoulder.

Off-road height-

Good looking Rover. I have no rubbing with the upper A Arm.

Avslash

Observer
Sorry for the late reply. I bailed out of town for spring break with my girls.

Here is mine.

On the bumpstops with 275/65R18's

At normal height. This is stock offroad height as I run the GOE adjustable rods.

TR front bumper.

Clearance on the TR rock sliders with 275/65R18's. This will be the limit of size for me, as I don't really want to get into refabricating the TR sliders.

Current offroad height with the GOE rods. This would be factory extended height. I can get to super extended from here if needed with the IID Tool.

Underneath showing the TR plates. I have an ASFIR Diff guard partially installed, but it's gong to take a bit of welding to make it work. It uses the same mounting point as the TR gas tank skid plate. Have to find a workaround for that.

TR rear bumper.

I'm about a dual battery set-up, on-board air, and overhead electrically locking rifle rack from calling this thing done.

Bama4door

Observer
Avslash- the TR bumper looks great on your 4. I've been going back and forth between the ARB and TR for a while.

Also, are you running 1.25" spacers with those LR3 wheels? I just put some LR3 10 spoke wheels with 1.25" spacers on my LR4 with some 285/65/18 Terra Grapplers I found for a great deal on CL, but the rubbing is pretty bad. Curious as to what your setup is and what the rubbing is like.

dsm02c

Adventurer
AVS, I want to see where you put your washer fluid bottle... I stuck mine between the passenger air box and headlight where my compressor used to be... Putting the compressor in the drivers side lower bumper this weekend...

zelatore

Explorer
I'm so wishing I had gone with the TR front bumper instead of the ARB. I regret my choice every time I have to reach the winch clutch or approach a large rock.

zelatore

Explorer
I saw your fitment in another thread and am just curious why you wouldn't run a 5-7mm slip on spacer?

You talkin' to me?

I actually have a set of .75" (19mm) spacers I was running with my 276/65s. The reason I'm not running them now is the increased swing radius at the front causes more rubbing and with the larger tire at full stuff the extra width puts me into the fender trim more. I wouldn't mind say .25" (6mm) more but it's not worth the cost for that little gain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz