1994 International 4700 Conversion Begins

scooter421

Adventurer
Looks good scooter. I like the large screen.
Thanks, not exactly the factory look I was hoping for but in 94 they were not thinking of space for a 7 inch screen and back up camera systems. I knew it was going to fit this way pre-order. The smaller screens would have been too small to easily see from driver seat but would have fit better. Compromises.... Compromises...

It will work out pretty well I think. It sticks out from the dash about 3/4 of an inch or so which is close enough to the dash to keep it out of harms way...I think. Our cab is not that big and I've gotta try to keep extra items pretty tight or they are in the way. The picture quality is pretty good too. I will get the camera mounted up tonight. I'm glad I did not get a bigger camera! This one fits under the light bar...barely.

Scooter...

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scooter421

Adventurer
I have just enough space to clear the doors and the light bar. The camera dimensions were accurate.

Scooter...
14003342d31d90375db9f5067145501b.jpg
c9c01118c2396d06ec472a97341c1986.jpg

Reactions: B85

scooter421

Adventurer
175 degree field of view is very nice. Pay no nevermind to the variety of projects in camera view!

Scooter...
0764cc500988d34d8138b51d641fb554.jpg

patoz

Expedition Leader
That looks almost like a fish-eye lens. I hope it doesn't make it difficult to judge distances when backing up.

scooter421

Adventurer
That looks almost like a fish-eye lens. I hope it doesn't make it difficult to judge distances when backing up.
Yeah, I figured it might be this way. I don't think it will be too bad. I figure it's way better than nothing and I can see to the side a bit. The rest I should be able to see with the mirrors. I am also hopeful I will be able to see either side of my little trailer when pulling it. As it is right now, I can't see the trailer at all unless I'm turning aside from an occasional shadow.

My wife likes to get behind the 15k lb vehicle for some reason also. This way I should be able to see her.......and tell her to get out from behind the 15k lb vehicle.

Scooter...

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader
The more I look at it, the more it looks like the shape of your oval building may be contributing to the fish-eye effect also. It may not be that bad once you're on the open road.

scooter421

Adventurer
The more I look at it, the more it looks like the shape of your oval building may be contributing to the fish-eye effect also. It may not be that bad once you're on the open road.
The building certainly adds to the visual. Looking at the bumper though, it does have some curvature to it.

Scooter.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Have you seen the split rear cameras? It's basically two cameras mounted side by side, and one can be aimed back to see traffic and the other can be aimed downward to see your trailer hitch and obstacles while backing.

1524716686087.png

scooter421

Adventurer
Hi Pat,

I had not seen the side by side one in your picture. That is interesting having both together like that. I might have looked at it closer if I had come across that one pre-purchase.

I thought about dual seperate camera units, one for the front passenger side looking back into the blindspot and other off the rear.

My mirrors cover the passenger side pretty well, so I decided not to hassle with getting the dual set up.

Scooter...

rossvtaylor

Adventurer
Thanks Scooter. I've been lurking and reading. I have a 4-camera setup now, with a 5-inch screen. But, it's a cheap system and just okay. Based on the discussion here, I ordered a system with a 7-inch screen from RearviewSafety.com so I can be like y'all! I'll post pics in my thread, when I get it put in. Thanks for the suggestions, all.

scooter421

Adventurer
Thanks Scooter. I've been lurking and reading. I have a 4-camera setup now, with a 5-inch screen. But, it's a cheap system and just okay. Based on the discussion here, I ordered a system with a 7-inch screen from RearviewSafety.com so I can be like y'all! I'll post pics in my thread, when I get it put in. Thanks for the suggestions, all.
Nice, can't wait to see how it turns out!

Scooter...

patoz

Expedition Leader
Good morning guys,

I found this website last night Tadi Brothers, and they have some pretty cool stuff, pricey but cool! They are on Amazon also.

I have even less room on the dash of my F250, so I'm sort of leaning towards something like this. This is a 7" wireless monitor and you can also get a 9" version. Since my configuration is a tow vehicle and trailer, wireless would be much easier to install, and much easier to transfer if I trade vehicles later on. They claim 65' paired connection, with no interference or time delay. Plus, they have a 30 day money back guarantee if you're not happy with it.

1524752359771.png
Wireless RV Backup Camera System with Dual Rear Camera 2 side cameras and Mirror

YouTube Home Page
Facebook Page

scooter421

Adventurer
Good morning guys,

I found this website last night Tadi Brothers, and they have some pretty cool stuff, pricey but cool! They are on Amazon also.

I have even less room on the dash of my F250, so I'm sort of leaning towards something like this. This is a 7" wireless monitor and you can also get a 9" version. Since my configuration is a tow vehicle and trailer, wireless would be much easier to install, and much easier to transfer if I trade vehicles later on. They claim 65' paired connection, with no interference or time delay. Plus, they have a 30 day money back guarantee if you're not happy with it.

View attachment 445268
Wireless RV Backup Camera System with Dual Rear Camera 2 side cameras and Mirror

YouTube Home Page
Facebook Page
Dang, that is cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles