1994 International 4700 Conversion Begins

patoz

Expedition Leader
I don't think you need to retake the pictures, you just need to get them locked into the right orientation on your computer. After you rotate them, you might try saving them with a different file name also.

scooter421

Adventurer
I don't think you need to retake the pictures, you just need to get them locked into the right orientation on your computer. After you rotate them, you might try saving them with a different file name also.
True, I can try it. Either way, I will get them rotated.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

scooter421

Adventurer
Pictures are fixed, now....I have no pressure at my new gas plug! Seems like the auto switch for the dual propane tanks has almost no flow. After fiddling around at the point of use, I disconnected the discharge hose at the switch and barely have enough gas coming out to keep a pilot light lit......? Odd

Scooter...

scooter421

Adventurer
I found a comment by another person with the same problem on a different Camco regulator model on Etrailer. Same thing, brand new and no flow.

Supposedly there is a check valve of sorts that the Camco engineer says may need to reset. Disconnect all propane supply and sources of draw and let the regulator sit for 15 minutes. I will try it again tomorrow but I think I got a dud.

I finished my connections, turned the tank on slowly, checked for leaks and connected a stove for a test. When I had virtually no flow I worked my way back to the outlet of the auto switching regulator and can just about hold back the propane with my finger on the fitting. No cooking for now!

scooter421

Adventurer
More troubleshooting on my propane components and I found the 2 stage auto switching regulator is not likely to blame. I purchased the QCC-1 adapter below and it's not allowing gas flow out to my points of use! I remove this little adapter and have plenty of propane coming out from the regulator. I'm getting another one shipped through Amazon, we'll see how the next one does.

20170927_170547.jpg

Scooter...

pennersm

Observer
More troubleshooting on my propane components and I found the 2 stage auto switching regulator is not likely to blame. I purchased the QCC-1 adapter below and it's not allowing gas flow out to my points of use! I remove this little adapter and have plenty of propane coming out from the regulator. I'm getting another one shipped through Amazon, we'll see how the next one does.

View attachment 419455

Scooter...

Let's hope that fixes the problem for you Scooter! I don't want you starving to death!

scooter421

Adventurer
Now, I'm cooking with propane! Just in time for a camping weekend! I finally got it working with my tank under the truck and all my connections completed with a functioning adapter.

2f1f7763bc0a8a7ba1e57c00a4ab3b35.jpg

Last edited:

scooter421

Adventurer
Beautiful weekend camping and getting a little less crowded on the rim thank goodness. The gas plug was worth the effort but I'm not so sure about the cost of running propane 6 feet. That was rather expensive for what it was. Either way, it made set up and take down just that much quicker and that was worth it.

Getting down to one stove was well worth it. This new stove is a bit slower than my standard camp stoves but having something big enough to do everything on one stove was very cool.

18da03ccca032e4172ddd3f42aaa9090.jpg

scooter421

Adventurer
I've used a two cooler system when I used to camp out of my SUV, and it worked out pretty well.

I didn't have a 'freezer' cooler, but just one for food and one for drinks. I would start with some of my food frozen for day two, three, etc. and fill that cooler completely with bag ice. The drink cooler would also have some frozen bottles of water as well as bag ice in it. Also, both coolers would be pre-cooled a day or so beforehand, which really helped. These were just Coleman and Igloo coolers, so those should do much better.

I use the RTIC tumblers and they work great, so I'm really interested in how well their coolers do also, if you wouldn't mind letting us know when you find out.

An update on the use of the three RTIC 20 coolers:

The first time we used them I used 3 bricks of dry ice in each cooler at the bottom. Food and drinks and then covered with as much ice as we could get into the little buggers. The "freezer" stayed frozen over a 3 day weekend, the "fridge" and drink cooler froze items we had not planned on freezing drinks included. We had ice in all three once we got home. It was a warm weekend pushing upper 80's to low 60's I think, we kept the coolers in the truck or in the shade most of the time.

Second trip out over a 2 day weekend we tried 2 of them with about a 60/40 split food to ice with no dry ice and a six pack in with one of them. The third cooler was strictly drinks again which if packed full of drinks allows little room for ice. We freeze and chill everything we can prior to loading the coolers. The cooler with the frozen food still had more than half the ice we started with. The second food cooler still had some ice left in it and the drink cooler had very cold water. So, the food coolers did well and considering the drinks had very little ice to start with it did pretty well.

I used 1 20 lb bag of ice between the 3 coolers and it was not easy getting it all in the coolers. Not too bad for Friday to Sunday on a single 20 lb bag of ice. I'm still playing around with the "ideal" ice/dry ice combo but I think the RTIC coolers are working out pretty good. They are certainly easier to move around compared to my one big cooler that holds everything, including 6 bags of ice. Temps were in the 70's to 40's and the coolers stayed in the truck or in the shade most of the time.

Last edited:

scooter421

Adventurer
Finally added the Spray Away box in the truck. Next step is the water tank.

Scooter...
3713b97df9583e18389593e8c59ead43.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz