1994 International 4700 Conversion Begins

scooter421

Adventurer
Finally added the Spray Away box in the truck. Next step is the water tank.

Scooter...
3713b97df9583e18389593e8c59ead43.jpg

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk
And the back
54226d4e00df0d1b7a1fb6c48ffd0307.jpg

scooter421

Adventurer
had to look that one up... had no clue what a "Spray Away" was. For others who went...... "huh"??? like I did...... here is more

https://www.dwincorp.com/product/spray-away-hose-included/
Thanks for posting a link for those wondering what the heck a Spray Away was. Lol, I figured it was a common item in this group. I just learned of them my self while searching for an exterior water solution.

patoz

Expedition Leader
I didn't know either, but I was too embarrassed to ask. I figured some other uninformed person like me would ask sooner or later. :eek:

As it turns out, in Florida we have those on just about every boat of any size, but they are called wash-down hoses. :ugh: Most of our water is salt water, so they are a necessity.

scooter421

Adventurer
That's a great idea. Might have to add that to the 'to do' list. Nice work.
Thanks, the plan is to have options on the outside of the truck. Cleaning up after cleaning fish, game boots etc. As well as the option for connecting a small spout for hand washing or an outside table/sink.

Scooter...

scooter421

Adventurer
It's been a little bit since I've been on. I bought a 1982 Chevy C20 diesel for my daughter. The ambo project has taken the backseat for the moment! I am purchasing the water tank shortly though.

Choachgeo

Insulation in some form or another is part of the planned installation. However, with the variety of components to insulate I'm not sure how to protect everything at this point. I've looked at a variety of materials and the possibility of installing a "hot" wire and thermostat which might be the way I go.

Scooter...

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
“Spray away”

Ok I will admit I had to look it up as well. But now I know what I can fill one of my scuba tank holders with.

java

Expedition Leader
A Class Customs had the cheapest water tanks by far when I was looking. If you can make one of their sizes work.

scooter421

Adventurer
A Class Customs had the cheapest water tanks by far when I was looking. If you can make one of their sizes work.
That's what I have found as well. I tried to order one yesterday but I think they are out of the size I am after. Waiting to hear back from them.

Scooter...

java

Expedition Leader
That's what I have found as well. I tried to order one yesterday but I think they are out of the size I am after. Waiting to hear back from them.

Scooter...

Ah Damn. It appeared to be a decent tank. Lots of flex when full though, but I believe most do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles