1994 International 4700 Conversion Begins

scooter421

Adventurer
I finally got the LED's flood lights in the bumper working but I spent the better part of a day "chasing the white rabbit" in the form of a two little yellow wires named 64A and 64C!
20170318_153809.jpg20170318_153841.jpg20170318_165031.jpg
I had a fog light switch already in the truck I wanted to use but I did not know where the wires went; so, the saga began. I will make this a short story! I found the power to the relay (signal wire) which provides power to the fog light wire was not working. I had to trace this from one side of the truck to the other and finally found the power was being grabbed at the dimmer switch on the floor. However, a bad connection was not allowing this to work properly. Once that was fixed I had to find the 64C wire...how much fun I had.:mad::confused::violent-smiley-031: Finally traced it out under the hood where it vanished into a wire loom and did not come out. So, cut wire ties open wire loom and I finally found the mystical 64C cut. With that found, I was able to run the wires to the lights which went fairly quick. On the downside, my passenger side flood light has only half the lights working! You get what you pay for I suppose. O'well, the wiring is figured out and I have to replace the flood light.

All in all though, for $15 dollar flood lights I think they are going to work nicely in the woods. The angle at the ends of the bumpers certainly helps but even in my back yard the view to the right and left is greatly increased with the addition of the flood lights.

Last edited:

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
I love where this is going! I have to agree, there is just not enough insulation in the 4700 cab. Mine is crazy loud going down the road. I plan to insulate soon. how goes the new tranny?

scooter421

Adventurer
Hey Baloo,
If you've not already pulled the interior panels back there is lots of empty metal space behind the seats from the floor to about belly height when seated. The space in the cab your head sits in is bad too. I used the roof patch material on the top half of the cab and sides of the cab above the door because it was thinner, everywhere else I could I used 2" fiberglass insulation because it was cheap and filled the voids well. It sucks to work with but it works. a 6X9 chunk of carpet pad is $30 at Lowes and I might have used that instead of the fiberglass had I thought about it but it would not fill the voids as well.

Working out the logistics on the tranny and trying to find someone close by to do the swap. Being on a "Walmart" budget keeps my progress at a slower pace than I would prefer! I will be speaking with Allison this week to try and make sure I have everything I need to get the job done.

Scooter...

scooter421

Adventurer
I'm working on a brush guard at the moment also. I've got the vertical portions in front of the grill worked out in cardboard, found the steel and a guy with a cnc plasma table to do the cutting for me. I have to get the drawings to "paper" and onto a thumb drive. If it works out the way I have it in my head it should be pretty cool, it will go over the hood and around the fenders a little if it all works out. You never know! You can always expect change with these types of projects!

Scooter...

rossvtaylor

Adventurer
Are those the little LED lights we found, that fit in the recesses of the bumper? I have not even tested mine so I have no idea how bright they are. That's good to know they're OK.

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
Hey Baloo,

Working out the logistics on the tranny and trying to find someone close by to do the swap. Being on a "Walmart" budget keeps my progress at a slower pace than I would prefer! I will be speaking with Allison this week to try and make sure I have everything I need to get the job done.

Scooter...

I know what you mean. I did mine in the driveway with a motorcycle jack and a couple of ratchet straps. How far from Tennessee are you? I am always down for good tranny swap. I need to adjust my clutch again, I guess 15k miles later it is time. Gotta love these big trucks!

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
Oh yeah! I forgot to ask, in all your tranny work have you looked into parking brake cables? I need a new one, and the dealer was useless. They could not even point me in the right direction. Just figured I would ask since so few people have these trucks.

scooter421

Adventurer
Yes, those are the ones! I think they work plenty good....when all the led's are lit of course. I ordered another one to replace the one that only has two LED's lighting up.

Are those the little LED lights we found, that fit in the recesses of the bumper? I have not even tested mine so I have no idea how bright they are. That's good to know they're OK.

scooter421

Adventurer
Located in AZ, a bit of a drive from Tennessee! Always steered away from transmissions for some reason. I am most likely going to pay to have mine swapped out. Currently, my parking brake is air operated. The one I purchased did have cable so time will tell whether I get to keep that feature or not. If I have to go with a cable, I will let you know what I find out.

Scooter...

scooter421

Adventurer
Baby brush guards installed and a light bar yet to be wired up and mounted.....another "white rabbit" weekend!
Guard 1.jpgGuard 2.jpgLight Bar.jpg

Scooter...

scooter421

Adventurer
Could not wait for the weekend! Thankfully, they did not cut the wires too far from where I wanted to put the switch. Everything was intact all the way through the cab through the relay board to the light which made things much easier! Light bar test is good, now I need to finish the mounts and wire it up solid! Good thing it's not a grow light!
light bar 3.jpgLight bar 2.jpg

scooter421

Adventurer
Gotta love Craigslist, I found a deal on seats I could not resist and they matched the truck interior very well. The best part, I gained arm rests! It was a bit of a struggle but I ended up using the original Bostrom Frame, the new foam and material from the new seat. I had to cut the arm rest brackets off the new seats and weld them onto the old frame. All in all I am really happy, and I think we'll be a bit more comfortable once I get them both done. I worked the trial and error out on the drivers seat. The next one should go fairly quickly.

driver seat (2).jpg

scooter421

Adventurer
Got the passengers seat completed,
20170403_182528.jpg20170403_193751.jpg20170403_193816.jpg20170403_192221.jpg
Pretty simple I suppose....out with the old and in with the new. Watch it, there be sharp edges! Cut the arm rest mounts off weld them on to the old frame and put it all back together.

Now we both have arm rests and momma's happy!

Scooter...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior