1994 International 4700 Conversion Begins

scooter421

Adventurer
Oh what fun it is, trying to figure out the details. Lol... the Church pew...it is certainly not the most comfortable thing. Changing the foam did help us by being softer and an inch closer to the floor. My wife and I hashed over the confort level of the pew for some time. We decided if we made it too comfortable the kid would want to just stay in the truck! So we are leaving it at a rigid 90 deg.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scooter421

Adventurer
Sequence of events on bed to bench:
20170806_104504.jpg Hinges work together when down to hold them together as well.
20170806_104526.jpg This is the hook for the latch assembly for seat back, had to figure out were to locate seat components so not to bend this.
20170806_104631.jpg Seat back....back in place.
20170806_104742.jpg Bench back in place, sorry so dark.
20170806_104831.jpg Cross member with extension out, they slide into the long sides of the bed frame and telescope from Twin-Queen. There was no setting for Ambo.
20170806_104957.jpg Long side with cross braces removed.
20170806_105025.jpg Long side folded, corner extensions removed otherwise they wont fit under bench.
20170806_105154.jpg Bed frame under bench seat.

Scooter...

scooter421

Adventurer
Bench seat complete!
20170809_194710.jpg Just in front of my toes and inside the bench storage there is a shiny piece of aluminum, it's actually angle to support the middle board. I only did the front so the board is only supported on three points.
20170809_194639.jpg I supported one corner of the end boards with another piece of angle, again basically on three points.
20170809_170151.jpg I ended up going with three boards with simple finger holes and no hinges. Easy enough...
20170809_194501.jpg This is a flat piece of 1/8 sheet metal 12 inches long and 4 inches wide mounted to the inner wheel well and a piece of 3/4 plywood. The middle board and the end boards share the ledge to sit on.

Scooter...

scooter421

Adventurer
The beginning of a fish cleaning station. I found the folding ironing board at a thrift shop for $3. Going to hang a cutting board on the door. The ironing board will be folded and stored inside the cabinet as it is too wide to allow the door to close. Eventually, once I get a water tank installed I will have a spray nozzle back here to clean up.

2ac4ec1cd9f4e05be3aca3ec573d724c.jpg

Last edited:

scooter421

Adventurer
Also; during this past weekend, I figured out a good use for the front hitch pin on the bumper! She got in a fight with another dog at camp too and is now wearing the cone of shame. We kept having to move dogs from a tree, bumper, trailer etc. trying to keep them away from each other. My 150lb dog started a fight with a 40lb dog and pretty much got her butt handed to her! She got her leg bit up pretty good which is why she is wearing the cone of shame to keep her from licking it. The 40lb made out of it pretty good, but she's very lucky.

58c09539136bd9d86938cd0205005ecb.jpg
e34a5de8fbc580a332ebf98c3f1a7256.jpg

Last edited:

scooter421

Adventurer
Purchased a new stove top off Amazon. It should arrive Tuesday and I will post a pic or two of it in place.
While waiting for the stove, I grabbed a cutting board (sitting above the ironing board) from Walmart and got it in place.

26d091ea2415d40a9250f484aed78ac1.jpg

Last edited:

Coachgeo

Explorer
The beginning of a fish cleaning station. I found the folding ironing board at a thrift shop for $3. ....
Cool idea. Since that ironing board was not intended to ever have food on it....who knows what is in the paint. May be tons of Led orr?? You might want to sand it down and repaint it well with something more appropriate for a food surface.

scooter421

Adventurer
Thanks Coachgeo, understood. There is no cutting or food prep intended to be done directly on the paint. I just needed the frame/surface for the cutting board (mounted above in previous picture) to clean and package fish/small game on. This way I am not making a smelly mess on our regular table or in the truck for my better half to complain about! I made some wiring changes making use of an outlet in the cabinet for my 110v. If I find I need the surface for more than a table, I will cover it with a food prep appropriate surface.

To explain the use of the ironing board further, I can slide a trash bag over the end of the board and pretty much keep the clean up on the trash bag. When I remove the trash bag I should be able to keep my mess in the bag.....well that's the plan anyway. I'll have to see how well it works in the field.

20170904_091607.jpg

Last edited:

Coachgeo

Explorer
Thanks Coachgeo, understood. There is no cutting or food prep intended to be done directly on the paint. I just needed the frame/surface for the cutting board (mounted above in previous picture) to clean and package fish/small game on. This way I am not making a smelly mess on our regular table or in the truck for my better half to complain about! I made some wiring changes making use of an outlet in the cabinet for my 110v. If I find I need the surface for more than a table, I will cover it with a food prep appropriate surface.

To explain the use of the ironing board further, I can slide a trash bag over the end of the board and pretty much keep the clean up on the trash bag. When I remove the trash bag I should be able to keep my mess in the bag.....well that's the plan anyway. I'll have to see how well it works in the field.
No idea what that is on your board. Looks like a paper shredder lol. (ahhhh. expanded pic.... its a food vacuum sealer)

Anyway..... the bag idea makes ton of sense... slide bag over the board.. when done, slide all the scraps to the edge of board that bottom end of bag is at... start to remove bag from other end; inverting it as you go.... whala.. scraps fall into bag as you remove it .. no muss no fuss. Might steal this idea..... though I don't eat fish lol.

scooter421

Adventurer
No idea what that is on your board. Looks like a paper shredder lol. (ahhhh. expanded pic.... its a food vacuum sealer)

Anyway..... the bag idea makes ton of sense... slide bag over the board.. when done, slide all the scraps to the edge of board that bottom end of bag is at... start to remove bag from other end; inverting it as you go.... whala.. scraps fall into bag as you remove it .. no muss no fuss. Might steal this idea..... though I don't eat fish lol.
Yep, you get the idea....hopefully it's a worthwhile one! Steal away, steal away. No patents here!

Scooter...

scooter421

Adventurer
Yep, you get the idea....hopefully it's a worthwhile one! Steal away, steal away. No patents here!

Scooter...

I received my stove and tested it out, seems like it's going to work out about right.

If this looks like a stove you might consider, a few thoughts.

The dimensions are incorrect on Amazon and misleading on Koblenz website.....at least in my backwards way of thinking I suppose. 20 inches wide and 25 inches deep with flare fitting and then of course you have to connect a propane line which takes up more real estate. Width is standing in front of the stove with the knobs pointing back at you from left edge to right edge of stove top. Depth, in my mind is from the front of the knobs to the end of the flare fitting sticking out of the back. If you use the "back splash" total height is about 7.5 inches and without about 4.5.

20170910_172106.jpg20170910_171932.jpg

The flare fitting which comes with it connects to a standard 3/8 gas line.

No way to raise it higher which is a concern with the use of a plastic table.

I think I can come up with something to make it sit higher or insulated from the table. I will probably buy a 3/8 flare 90 to keep the footprint smaller.

Scooter
26b6aa10bc548fbbbdfd76843d9d5288.jpg
70a8062e487868da68d2c7e0e0a9c74b.jpg
a05a17be573062e9bbd64224f2cced5b.jpg

Last edited:

scooter421

Adventurer
Lol....it's barely faster than road kill. This way I gotta spot to finish the job and package it up for storage! My wife on the other hand.....not so sure she's up for road kill. She'll likely tell me I better stick to fishing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94