1994 International 4700 Conversion Begins

scooter421

Adventurer
I found a good use for a folding towel rack I had laying around. It gives me a little more counter space and I can dry something if need be......you know, socks, towels, clothes......road kill etc.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk
9371a5cd3a762c3d2544f56a7adfcd9e.jpg
43c3832a994edccf7359e6e7fd8d6f93.jpg

pennersm

Observer
Great info.

Hi Scooter and everyone else. I have to say I have gained so much knowledge and info from reading all of your build threads. I just recently picked up my ambo to start converting, so seeing this forum is perfect. I look forward to starting my own build, all be it slow...

I look forward to more great info and updates from you guys!

Scott

scooter421

Adventurer
Hi Scott, Congrats! It's a lot of fun
The forum is a great place for help. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Send a link to your build!

Scooter...

scooter421

Adventurer
Once again, trying to reduce set up and take down time, I am one step closer to an easier cooking experience!
46a1a10128e9e602d69c85f04a112330.jpg

pennersm

Observer
Scooter,
Started my thread. Here is the link. Look forward to your input along the way.

well, it wouldn't let me add the link, but it is titled 2000 AEV TraumaHawk on a Freightliner FL-60 conversion.

scooter421

Adventurer
A little bit closer! Okay new pictures!

20170926_163929.jpg20170926_163943.jpg20170926_164005.jpg20170926_163848.jpg

I installed the LP hose from the tank/regulator underneath to my gas plug and it should be ready for cooking!

Scooter...

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader
You must be trying to post pictures using a cell phone. If you upload them to a real computer first and then post them, you won't have that problem.

Plus, you can use a photo editing program before posting to make any corrections needed, like brightening up dark pictures, orienting them correctly, cropping if you want to, etc.

scooter421

Adventurer
You must be trying to post pictures using a cell phone. If you upload them to a real computer first and then post them, you won't have that problem.

Plus, you can use a photo editing program before posting to make any corrections needed, like brightening up dark pictures, orienting them correctly, cropping if you want to, etc.
Yup, from my phone but I usually download them to my computer and rotate them to what should work before posting; unfortunately, most of them still end up sideways, unless I remember to take the picture with my phone sideways in the first place.

Scooter...

Coachgeo

Explorer
Yup, from my phone but I usually download them to my computer and rotate them to what should work before posting; unfortunately, most of them still end up sideways, unless I remember to take the picture with my phone sideways in the first place.

Scooter...

Pics are saved in a specific format... jpg for example....... the orientation of the image is a separate coding tagged onto that. (not exact true but helps explain). These days more and more computer programs also can read the tagged on code used by phones and tablets and will flip the image according to the code...... thusly if it shows on computer flipped correctly... though does not mean it is. May just mean your program can read the code. When you send a jpg or other pic file to something that can NOT read the code... (like most bulletin boards) it will show "as is".

Sooooo. Trick is to find a computer pic viewer that either does NOT have ability to read the code...... thus shows "as is" or notifies you about the code and allows/asks you to view and/save the image oriented "right side up". This also truncates the code to is my guess. I use Gimp but then Im on a Linux machine.

So in short... if your computer pic viewer does not say anything anywhere about orientation when you open or save a pic transferred from a phone or tablet..... then it is not the program you want to use cause it is reading the code in the background and not telling you that nor allowing you to do anything about it.

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader

Scooter...

After you rotate the pic on your computer to the proper orientation, are you saving it again? If not, then you've accomplished nothing.

On a side note...

I quit using my cell phone to take pictures of anything important or any build pictures I post on here, and use my new Cannon EOS T6s, because it takes much higher resolution's pictures which I can zoom in on and retain the higher quality.

But, even if I do use my cell phone, I only use 'Portrait' mode for taking pictures of flagpoles, and radio towers. For everything else I use 'Landscape' mode, as it should be. When you pick up a regular camera and bring it up to your eye to shoot a picture, it's in the Landscape mode, right? So why would a cell phone camera be any different?

And people who shoot video, especially action video, in Portrait mode are the worst! Nothing like watching the action through a vertical slit! All you see is one person or a very small part of the scene, or if the camera operator tries to follow the action all you see are blurs moving left or right through the slit. I can't believe the millions of people who shoot video like this, and they either can't see the difference or just don't care!

Sorry for the rant, but this is a major pet peeve of mine!

Last edited:

scooter421

Adventurer
No worries, I know, it's frustrating. I know how to get it all correct, it's just a pain in the butt. Just using the phone camera the right way in the first place is the important part. I'm going to take the pics again and repost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94